The Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) has been central to the UK’s defence for more than 60 years, providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent and supporting national nuclear security.
We are the nation’s largest high-tech research, development and production facility and cover the whole lifecycle of nuclear warheads - from initial concept, assessment and design, through component manufacture and assembly, to in-service support and finally decommissioning and disposal.
The AWE Fusion Graduate Programme offers structured learning ensuring you will experience everything you need to make the most of your personal and career development.
To enhance your capability to add value to AWE's demanding technical programme we offer our graduates the following opportunities whilst on a two year programme:
- On the job learning from some of the most senior experts in their area of specialism
- Off the job learning including a series of planned and scheduled opportunities to help develop your knowledge of AWE and your own skills and knowledge
- Involvement in a graduate project
- Placement opportunities across the business, where applicable
- Support to achieve professional registration, for example working towards chartered status
In return, we look for graduates with personality and drive, who are proactive, innovative and hungry to work in a challenging environment.
7 jobs with AWE
We are looking to recruit graduates into our Engineering (Sites & Assets) team who have a degree in an engineering related discipline.
An essential component to the heart of the AWE organisation is our Human Resource department.
Materials science supports the life cycle of warhead components and technologies.
The Nuclear Threat Reduction programme maximises AWE’s nuclear weapons expertise.
AWE carries out world-class science in some of the most challenging fields.
Production Engineering is a combination of manufacturing technology, engineering sciences with management science.
Finance and Business Management supports the programme and operational needs of AWE on a daily basis.