2016 Financial Products Analytics and Sales - European and Asian Language Speakers
In a world where information matters, Bloomberg gives influential decision makers a competitive edge. Our core product is the Bloomberg Professional Service, or "the Terminal." Each day, the Terminal powers more than 320,000 subscribers globally to move markets. But to keep connecting our clients to a dynamic network of news, people, and ideas, we need a constant flow of energy and innovation.
That's where you come in.
What's the role?
Bring your passion for the financial markets and help deliver custom and innovative solutions for the world's leading financial professionals. As an entry-level Financial Product Analytics & Sales Representative, you'll not only join a comprehensive training program -- but you'll start your career with Bloomberg.
In this role, you'll serve on the legendary Bloomberg Analytics Help Desk, which is an integral part of our offering. Our clients have come to rely on the knowledge, expertise, and exceptional service that our Analytics Representatives provide as they walk clients through new functionality and teach them how various enhancements can help in their day-to-day work. You'll also guide clients in better utilizing our existing functionality. On any given day, you'll:
- Construct a relative comparison sheet for a research analyst;
- Advise a portfolio manager on how to use our risk management tools;
- Provide liquidity analysis solutions to a trader; and
As you develop these critical pieces of financial and product knowledge, you'll interact with clients every day, taking their questions in real-time chats, on phone calls, and by teaching live client seminars. Such interactions with key players in the financial industry will enhance your ability to manage client relationships and solve problems -- priming you for other career opportunities within the company.
Where can the role take me?
After 12 - 18 months, most Analytics Representatives progress into roles in Sales, selling the Terminal itself or products within our Enterprise and Trading Solutions suite. They strive to maximize growth, usage, and dependency on our offerings by building strong client relationships, understanding their needs, and demonstrating proven competency in the financial markets.
In sales you will be responsible for building new business and developing existing business.
Equally consultative and entrepreneurial, our Sales team demonstrates how Bloomberg solutions will help our clients make the best investment/trading/business decisions, by making their day to day business smoother and more profitable.
In this role you can expect to be making frequent prospecting calls either to existing ccounts or to develop new business. You will arrange and execute client visits to promote the Bloomberg Professional solutions to both potential and existing customers, and follow up leads from other Bloomberg sales colleagues. You will also stay informed about the financial markets in order to spot trends, look for new opportunities and establish credibility with our clients by understanding their business.
You will receive comprehensive training at each stage of your career, developing your knowledge of our product and growing as a finance professional. You will have the opportunity to specialise in at least one market sector, such as Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange or Commodities.
Other career development opportunities exist within the Analytics department, serving as a Team Leader, Advanced Specialist or Electronic Trading Support Specialist. These individuals provide a higher level of product support, mentor colleagues within the group, and deliver trainings. They also work closely with our product development teams to share client feedback and influence enhancements to Terminal functionality.
We are a truly global company and you can expect to be working with a diverse team. From the London office our Analytics department support clients across Europe, Africa and the Middle East. In order to meet their needs, we have a strong interest in sourcing candidates with relevant language skills and/or local market knowledge.
What do I need to apply?
While this is a graduate/entry level position, we accept applications from both graduates and experienced candidates.
- Business fluency in English plus an additional European or Asian language strongly preferred, (ideally one of the following: German, French, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish, Dutch, Hungarian, Polish, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin or Cantonese)
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience required
- Strong interest in financial markets
- Enthusiasm for customer service and sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to start in one of our classes throughout 2016 (Jan - Nov)
OK. I'm interested But what will make me stand out?
- An ability to sell, as well as an interest to pursuing a career in sales
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Bloomberg and the financial markets
- A desire and flexibility to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment and work with clients
- Interest in technology and software solutions
- An ability to travel
At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We recruit on a rolling basis so early application is strongly advised.
- CV & Application Form - please take time to carefully answer the additional questions as these are a critical element of you overall application.
- Online assessment tests - If successful, you will be invited to complete two online assessments - a numerical test and a cultural values test. If you have recently applied to Bloomberg and completed these tests you will not need to complete them again.
- Telephone Interview - with a member of the recruitment or analytics team
- Business Interviews - you will then have three further business interviews to meet with team leaders, managers and the head of the department. Depending on where you are travelling from, some of these stages may be carried out via video link.