Indirect Tax graduate opportunity in Edinburgh with PwC – Autumn 2016
What we do
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We do this for our clients by helping them tackle complex business challenges, improve how they work and create the value they need.
What you’d do
Learn everything the UK’s leading tax practice with the leading reputation can teach you. Your knowledge will help high-profile businesses, entrepreneurs and private clients understand complex rules and make informed decisions with significant impacts. You’ll also help governments ensure the efficient operation of tax systems and use your insight to solve long-term problems.
You’ll be part of a business that’s proactively engaging in the tax policy debate and focused on leading views and new ideas. Our people need to be agile and ready to build strong relationships, networks and leadership skills.
Our expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation. Over 3,000 tax experts work in some 20 key areas on projects ranging from preparing annual accounts, to restructuring multimillion pound property portfolios, and from buying a business to advising celebrities on the tax implications of worldwide tours.
Your knowledge will help high-profile businesses, entrepreneurs and private clients understand complex rules and make informed decisions with significant impacts. You'll also help governments ensure the efficient operation of tax systems, and use your insight to solve long-term problems. You'll be part of a business that's committed to proactively engaging with the tax policy debate and focused on leading views and new ideas.
You’ll join a growing network that works with clients across a range of sectors – including financial services, consumer products, technology and energy – each with its own specific indirect tax challenges. You’ll advise businesses on VAT and other indirect taxes, including international trade issues linked to Customs and Excise Duties.
Our offer to you:
- You’ll be part of the world’s leading professional services network.
- Our continuing success, size and scale, coupled with our extensive quality client base enable us to give you the best career opportunities to grow and find your niche.
- Our development approach is centred on three principles; learning by doing, learning from others, and more formal approaches to learning.
- Support to gain a professional qualification – study towards becoming a Chartered Accountant with the Institute of Chartered Accountants, England and Wales (ICAEW) or the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS).
- To be part of an inclusive culture. Nobody works on their own. We’re supportive and collaborative.
- Working in a changing world, which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Creating value through diversity makes us a stronger business.
- To be rewarded with a competitive salary and a personally tailored benefits package.
Visit our website for further details on what we can offer you.
What you need to bring us
- A 2:1 or above in any degree subject
Opportunities are at the heart of a career with us. And we’re proud, based on the opportunity we offer, that students have voted us the number one Graduate Employer in The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers survey for the last 12 years.
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.