Human Resourcing Consulting Actuarial summer internship in Reading with PwC – 2016
What we do
Our purpose is to build trust in society. Providing decision makers with information they can trust and giving investors confidence. Our high-quality audit adds insight and value and shows if a company is sustainable and profitable.
What you’d do
On our summer internship in Actuarial you’ll experience work and life at PwC, and gain a valuable insight into our business and culture.
In Human Resource Consulting you’ll work in either our Pensions team or Pay, Performance and Risk team.
In Pensions, you’ll work with a wide variety of companies, advising them on how to best achieve their objectives in relation to their pension or benefit schemes. You’ll consult on a spectrum of issues including the redesign of pension benefits, de-risking legacy pension schemes, negotiating with trustees on how to fund schemes, potential mergers or acquisitions and the impact of legislative changes.
In Pay, Performance and Risk, you’ll help companies incentivise their most senior employees. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you’ll use broad consulting skills underpinned by financial modelling techniques to develop reward structures that support business strategy and are acceptable to shareholders and employees alike.
If you’re in your penultimate year, build your skills and your confidence by working alongside specialists for six weeks during the summer. You could also be in the final year of an undergraduate degree with a one year postgraduate degree place confirmed. Either way, you could go back to university with a graduate job offer.
Our offer to you:
- You’ll be part of the world’s leading professional services network.
- Our continuing success, size and scale, coupled with our extensive quality client base enable us to give you the best career opportunities to grow and find your niche.
- Our development approach is centred on three principles; learning by doing, learning from others, and more formal approaches to learning.
- To be part of an inclusive culture. Nobody works on their own. We’re supportive and collaborative.
- Working in a changing world, which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Creating value through diversity makes us a stronger business.
- To be rewarded with a competitive salary and a personally tailored benefits package.
What you need to bring us
- A 2:1 or above in any degree subject
- A UCAS tariff of at least 320 (or equivalent) including a B in maths at A-level
Opportunities are at the heart of a career with us. And we’re proud, based on the opportunity we offer, that students have voted us the number one Graduate Employer in The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers survey for the last 12 years.
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.