School and College Leaver, Belfast, PwC Operations, Autumn 2016
The PwC Deal
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all routes offer the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a personally tailored benefits package.
You will have the opportunity to work on large confidential projects for well known, multinational companies from a variety of sectors including financial services, government organisations, defence and security, pharmaceutical to name a few! In a regulated world, the demand for our help is increasing so you will be joining a growing area of our business, creating further opportunities for you to develop your career and learn new skills.
From day one you'll start to build a promising career within our PwC Operations business of crisis and regulatory situations. Working with our multi-disciplinary team, consisting of compliance, regulatory risk, finance, data and operations specialists, you will be trained to work on projects, which help clients deal with a broad range of crisis, fraud and regulatory driven situations. You will get to work with a talented team of individuals who work hard but know how to enjoy the working environment and bring fun to the office too. As a School or College leaver, you will be involved in many different tasks, supporting and working alongside our client facing teams. Example tasks that you will initially be involved in could include:
- Undertaking research using established processes to help companies ensure they’re compliant with laws and regulation;
- Supporting the delivery team in project administration;
- Reviewing reports for quality and consistency; and
- Performing company research and analytics.
The role will be based in Belfast; however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be required to work away from home in other locations within the UK and beyond, sometimes at short notice, determined on a project by project basis.
School and College Leaver programme
A position on our School and College Leaver programme is one of the best ways of jumping into a career with PwC early. You'll learn and develop the specialist skills our clients look for and value most and study towards a professional qualification, with support from us all the way.
What you'll gain
As part of the School and College Leaver programme, you'll undertake a self directed learning programme involving a professional qualification, nationally recognised qualifications at level 4 - the equivalent of the first rungs of the Higher Education ladder, gaining knowledge of the industry and market, technical skills, self development & awareness, leadership skills and commercial awareness.
What you need to get in
- Be on course for 280 UCAS tariff* (or equivalent)
- Grade C in GCSE English Language and Mathematics (or equivalent)
*from up to three A Levels (excluding General Studies) or equivalent, taken in the same academic year and achieved at first sitting
Please note that if you have a degree, you may find our graduate opportunities more appropriate. Having a degree does not lead to faster progression through this programme.
Do you need sponsorship to work in the UK?
We can't provide sponsorship for internships and fixed-term placements. However, if you're in full-time education in the UK under the Tier 4 (General) category, current regulations may permit temporary employment during holiday periods or as part of your studies.
If you're studying outside the UK, you'll need to obtain your own right to work in the UK to undertake a placement with us.
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional'.
- Application form - Please make sure you've supplied us with full and accurate information, or we may not be able to progress your application. Depending on the area you've applied to, you'll need to complete some additional competency-based questions on your initial application form.
- Online assessments - You'll be asked to complete numerical and verbal tests. You'll have the option to complete mock assessments which include the ability tests - once only - before you take your actual assessments. We appreciate you want to show us your full potential, so we strongly encourage you to take the opportunity to do so.
- Assessment centre - This usually consists of resitting the online assessments that measure your numerical and verbal skills; an in-tray and written exercise and a group or individual exercise
- Final interview - This is a one-to-one interview with a senior member of staff from the business area you want to join. This is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your passion and enthusiasm for our business and your understanding of the importance of client service
When to apply
There's no application deadline but we'd advise you to apply as early as possible.
We know that the skills and experiences you develop with us will stay with you throughout your career. So join PwC. We’ll help you reach your full potential.
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.