ICG 12 month Internship – Credit Fund Management
This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to become a key member of the Alternative Credit team, based within the larger Credit Fund Management team, during the internship, with the role focused on gaining practical work experience through assisting the team with daily tasks including:
- Organising, analysing and manipulating data for investment analysis purposes;
- Observing and interpreting market trading activity;
- Documenting analysis in documents and spreadsheets;
- Improving efficiency of the investment process by automating certain tasks;
- Other ad hoc projects
In completing the Internship Projects, the successful candidate will develop their understanding of the financial markets, with a particular understanding of the fixed income capital markets and structured credit investments.
In addition, the Projects will enable the successful candidate to demonstrate their ability to generate front office investment analysis critical to arriving at investment decisions.
Provide an outline of the other work experiences to be provided:
Whilst there is considerable variation in the daily role of a credit analyst, over the duration of the Internship you should expect to:
- Gain an introduction to the financial services market, focused in particular on structured and alternative credit and Intermediate Capital Group, who we are and what we do
- Understand how the business operates and the various roles played by the different departments
- Develop key business skills crucial for a successful career in financial services, including problem solving, multi-tasking, working both independently and as part of a team, and delivering high quality work in a timely manner
- Develop an understanding of credit valuation models
- Have exposure to all aspects of the primary and secondary structured credit markets
- Build relationships, both within the team and across the firm, especially with the Credit Fund Management Administration team and IT department
- Learn how to use and integrate key financial software tools, including Bloomberg
Specialist skills or qualifications required
Strong academic record (2.1 minimum) from a leading university.
Degree in financial mathematics, and/or computer science helpful but not required.