ICG 12 month Internship – Longbow
ICG-Longbow is the real estate investment business of ICG plc. It has grown from £50m to £3bn of assets under management in the past 5 years. ICG-Longbow has a market leading reputation in the UK and has ambitions to grow in Europe and North America.
ICG recently completed a full buy out of management’s 49% stake in the business. The co-founders remain very engaged in all aspects of the business and the intern is likely to gain significant exposure to these individuals.
Outline of project:
The successful candidate will become a key member of the Portfolio Monitoring Team with the role focused on gaining practical work experience through assisting the team with daily tasks including:
- Organising, analysing and manipulating data for investment monitoring purposes
- Researching data to enable more accurate / better considered evaluation of investment performance and risk
- Documenting analysis
- Reviewing and analysing borrower requests in relation to:
- Property management (e.g. lease renewals, capital expenditure)
- Variation to loan terms
- Preparation of materials and reports for ICG-Longbow’s:
- Asset Management Committee
- Attending borrower meetings and producing action plans / meeting notes
During the Internship, the successful candidate will also gain an insight into investment underwriting and investor reporting through attending property inspections, undertaking research projects and preparation of market materials.
In completing the Internship Projects, the successful candidate will develop their understanding of Commercial Real Estate, Lending and Investing and gain an insight into the assessment of risk and probability of investment outcomes – both quantitative and qualitative.
Provide an outline of the other work experiences to be provided:
Whilst there is considerable variation in the daily role, over the duration of the Internship the Intern should expect to:
- Understand the key drivers of the UK commercial and residential real estate markets
- Understand how the business operates and the various roles played by the different teams and functions
- Develop key business skills including problem solving, multi-tasking, working both independently and as part of a team, and delivering high quality work in a timely manner
- Develop an understanding of risk and return
- Build relationships, both within the firm and externally
Specialist skills or qualifications required
- Strong degree (minimum 2:1) preferably in a numeric or analytic based discipline (e.g. Science, Maths, Engineering or Finance)
- Fluent written and spoken English
- A high level of numeracy
- A strong work ethic
- An interest in developing commercial insight
- A sense of humour