Worldwide, the ITW Construction Products division generates an annual revenue of around $2bn.
Based in Crawley, we are looking for a graduate to join our European Marketing Insight team on a 6 month or 12 month fixed-term contract.
The wider ITW company spans across the world and offers a diverse range of career opportunities for those who are customer obsessive, passionate for innovation and results driven.
The company is seeking a student or a recent graduate, ideally with some marketing or business work experience (although not a requirement), to:
- Be responsible for supporting the European Market Insight Manager with the development of a UK & Ireland Trade Mapping analysis (to include Paslode and SPIT brands). This involves working closely with other Market Insight Assistants based in France, Germany and Sweden.
- Contribute towards creating, editing and distributing market research questionnaires to suitable participants.
- Recruit potential market research participants and conduct interviews with them via telephone, on a construction site or in a builder’s merchant/dealership (face to face) and through email and online surveys.
- Formulate findings from above mentioned research in clear written reports, excel analysis and PowerPoint presentations.
- Compile, analyse and distribute an external European Market Trend Report on a quarterly basis (Market Trends are based on available market reports but need to be analysed for relevant information).
- Compilation and reporting of Paslode and SPIT competitor information.
- Pricing research of comparable competitor products, key features (strengths and weaknesses) of competitor products, nature of competitor services.
- Liaise regularly with the European and UK Product Managers to support Paslode and SPIT product research and developments.
The role would be suitable for a student or graduate looking for a challenging environment, with the ability to make a positive impression in the business, having the capability to work on many projects at any one time whilst supporting colleagues based in the UK office and around Europe.
- Degree educated or working towards a degree qualification (Marketing or Business would be an advantage).
- Confident with data handling and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build good relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Enjoys meeting and interacting with new people.
- Good ability to adapt to adhoc work.
- Attention to detail.
- Be able to use initiative.
- Team player and contributor.
- Full driver’s licence as UK-wide travel to construction sites and customers may be required from time to time.
These desirable skills are not required but would be beneficial to the position.
The successful candidate will receive full market insight training through ITW’s “Blueprinting” method. Product training will also be provided.
Apply for Marketing Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly