Strategy & Insights Placement
Danone UK & Danone Waters UK & Ireland
Danone is a major FMCG company in the UK, with market leading brands across four divisions: Waters (Evian, Volvic), Dairies (Actimel, Activia, Shape), Early Life Nutrition (Aptamil, Cow & Gate) and Nutricia Medical (Fortisip).
We are passionate about recruiting great people to our business and developing their talent - our Placement and Graduate programmes are a key part of this. The Strategy & Insights team provides the foundational understanding of what consumers and shoppers do and why they do it, which helps drive brand and business growth through marketing, sales and innovation excellence.
Mission of the role
There are 2 key facets to this and any S&I team role:
1. Danone (Dairies) Ltd & Danone Waters UK business success:
a. Supporting the Senior Consumer Insights Managers to help them deliver growth-driving consumer insights around the trends, ideas, concepts, products, advertising and packaging which will best meet the needs of our consumers. Working closely with Marketing.
b. Supporting the Market Analytics Insights Manager to help deliver excellence in continuous market insights and analytics and reporting. Working closely with Sales.
2. Delivering the S&I UK team vision:
Helping the 6 strong existing S&I team deliver our UK S&I team 2018 vision through how we work together and with our stakeholders:
“By 2018 we’ll be renowned locally & globally as an inspiring, indispensable centre of excellence - creating growth-driving consumer and shopper insight as well as foresight.”
Danone (Dairies) Ltd
• The CYPD (chilled yogurts & potted desserts) category has been in decline for a few years, and we need to find new levers to reignite category & brand relevance, through innovation, communication (content & channels), shopper activations & partnerships with our retailers.
• The S&I team has a key role in providing high quality, efficient and impactful market data analytics and rich consumer insights which will help the business understand how to take (Danone) yoghurt from ‘optional to essential’ each day.
Danone Waters UK
• Bottled Water Drinks is delivering strong performance and has been in double digit growth for the last couple of years as a result of overall health trends and switching from carbonated soft drinks.
• As well as consistently delivering best practice consumer insights and market data reporting, the S&I Team will also need to manage an evolution – leveraging data and insights to inspiration and drive further growth in Bottle Water Drinks for Danone.
- Supporting the Senior Consumer Insights Managers to help them deliver growth-driving consumer insights around the trends, ideas, concepts, products, advertising and packaging which will best meet the needs of our consumers. Working closely with Marketing.
- Support the Market analytics Insights Manager to define, drive and deliver regular, impactful and actionable market insight reporting across both businesses – including quarterly market reviews and ad hoc analysis
- Be a key part of the UK Strategy & Insights team, you will be personally responsible for specific parts of the ‘breakthrough focus areas’ within our 2018 vision roadmap and be a great team player. You will bring fresh thinking, energy and passion to help us deliver against our S&I team vision.
Leadership & Functional Competencies:
Essential behaviours for this role:
- Attention to detail: thorough in analysis, but also able to see the big picture and be creative
- Numerate and articulate: must be confident both with numbers and words
- Reliable: consistently delivers projects to high quality standards and on time
- Curious: passionate about understanding what makes consumer and shopper tick, plus how we can translate this into winning brand and business strategies
- Organised: able to prioritise with a natural pragmatic drive for efficiency
- Personable: excellent interpersonal skills - a real team player
Danone CODE competencies to display in role:
- Committed –> Lateral & Visionary Thinking = make a sustainable difference by challenging the status quo, building on notion of best practice
- Open –> Networks effectively, builds relationships & connections easily = learn from others both globally within the organisation and by networking outside the organisation to bring new ways of working
- Doer –> Willingness to go the extra mile = achievement of high standards for self/team, exceeds expectations, embraces opportunities to expand their scope
- Empowered –> Self-awareness & people intuition = be open to give and receive feedback to constantly evaluate the value being added to businesses, brands and categories
• Fluent in English
• Proven work experience in a commercial office environment
• Education: min predicted 2.1 degree in any discipline
Please apply now and find out how you can be part of it all.