Transport Operations Placement
Danone is a major FMCG company in the UK, with market leading brands across four divisions: Waters (Evian, Volvic), Dairies (Actimel, Activia, Shape), Baby (Aptamil, Cow & Gate) and Nutricia Medical (Fortisip).
This placement will be working for the Dairies division and will play a pivotal role in the Supply Chain team.
Mission of the role:
- Support the Logistics Team in daily operations
- Responsible for the inbound transport from European factories to the UK. Monitoring performance and financial administration.
- Check monthly transport invoices against expected costs
- Challenge suppliers to improve performance and rectify issues
- Manage supplier performance against KPIs
- Monthly analysis of financial performance vs budget
- Back up for order management & outbound issue management
- Fast moving and short shelf life portfolio
- Apply a continuous improvement mindset to improve processes and be as efficient as possible
- Managing a number of different areas and stakeholders so will need to be organised and thorough
Leadership & Functional Competencies:
- Strong organisational skills and rigour
- Numerical and Analytical ability
- Goes the extra mile to learn and increase responsibilities
- Analyse current situation and be able to propose solutions
- Identify and implements actions which improve the quality of work in the department
- Is open to feedback and willing to take actions on it. Be able to give constructive feedback to others