Production /Manufacturing Operative -Engineering Apprenticeship
7 days left
- Start Date
Job Title: Production Operative Engineering Apprenticeship
Salary: GBP10,500 - more than minimum apprenticeship wage
Hours: Full Time, Apprenticeship
The company is a busy, dynamic, expanding family run business with a turnover at present of GBP3 million and looking for growth. The company provides door and wall protective products along with anti-ligature products to a variety of market areas such as Health, Mental Health, Education and Retail.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Production Operative Apprentice to join their Doncaster production facility.
They look for high calibre, forward-thinking, energetic people with a 'can-do' attitude. The company wants people who thrive in a challenging work environment, who are receptive to change and who wholeheartedly embrace the opportunity to take responsibility for themselves and the company's ongoing success.
Purpose of the Role:
- Studying for NVQ Level II in Performing Engineering Operations.
- Continuous self-development through the Manufacturer Online Training procedures for career progression.
- Progression to NVQ Level III in Performing Engineering Operations.
- Shadowing and mentoring programme with nominated senior member of the team.
- 'On the job' Workshop training programme under the supervision of a nominated senior member of the team.
- Health and safety training
- Forklift Truck training
- To gain the skills necessary to effectively and efficiently manufacture products to customer specifications using specialist machinery such as Postforming machine, CNC machine, Milling machine, Pillar drills, Panel saw, Cross Cut Saws and Wood working machinery.
- Manual handling of materials in goods inwards and outwards within the Production facility.
- To successfully complete the Apprenticeship to be able to qualify to become a Production Operative
- To present a professional image at all times.
- To carry out all work practices in line with company health and safety policy.
- To contribute to overall success of through teamwork and good communication within the company.
- To carry out any other duties as deemed necessary to fulfil the Apprenticeship and job role.
- Applicants must be 18+ due to the varied types of machinery involved.
- This job will involve manual handling.
- To communicate efficiently and express your ideas clearly and confidently at all levels verbally, in print and via the telephone
- Teamwork, ability to work confidently within a group and on own initiative
- Time Management, ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks and working to deadlines
- Drive and determination to get things done, make things happen and continually looking for better ways of doing things
- Analysing and Investigating, ability to gather information systematically to establish facts and principles for problem solving
- Commercial Awareness, ability to understand the commercial realities affecting the organisation
- Flexibility, ability to adapt successfully to changing situations and environments
- Initiative and Self-Motivation, ability to act on initiative, identify opportunities and be proactive in putting forward ideas & solutions
- Paid employment whilst undertaking training.
- Paid training & qualification
- 22 days paid holiday + bank holidays + 1 day for every 5 years completed service.
- Opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications, valuable knowledge and practical experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Attractive rates of pay
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Death in service company life assurance
- Excellent induction programme, and staff training (the company currently hold a Silver Investors in People award)
Please note this job will involve manual handling. Applicants must be 18+ due to the varied types of machinery involved.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
In order to meet the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, the company requires that all candidates provide evidence of their entitlement to work in the UK at interview stage.
Candidates with experience of; Production Operative, Trainee, Apprenticeship, Junior, Engineer, Apprentice, Trainee Engineer, Technician, Production Officer, Engineer, Engineering Apprenticeship, Trainee Technician, Engineer Apprentice, Process Operative, Manufacturing Operative, Apprentice Technician, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Technician, Engineering Apprentice, Manufacturing Officer, Trainee Production Engineer, Manufacturing Technician, Service Engineer, Engineering, Production Process Operative may also be considered for this role.