Our trainees work with a number of teams across the financial and performance audit practices as well as other business areas such as our Finance team. You will gain knowledge and experience in the different technical aspects of financial and performance audit work. You will also learn how to establish and maintain good working relationships both internally and externally. We cover the whole of Wales and audit staff will be expected to travel to various client offices.
We’re looking for individuals with a strong academic background who are committed to improving public sector services and see themselves as the future finance leaders within the public sector in Wales. We are genuinely interested in who you are, your strengths and your potential.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- naturally inquisitive, confident to challenge and to be challenged but in a professional manner;
- show strong attention to detail while being able to see the bigger picture;
- demonstrate a results focussed attitude, responsible for meeting your own objectives, delivering to time, budget and quality;
- demonstrate strong planning and organisational skills - you should instinctively take the initiative in situations;
- demonstrate a strong team working ethos and have a desire to continually develop yourself both by securing a professional qualification and ensuring your knowledge and skills are kept up to date.
Whilst we’re looking for individuals with a strong academic record, we will also be considering what else the applicant has to offer – be it strong personal or professional achievements.