You'll spend the first week of Insight in London focusing on training and personal development, attending workshops with the Teach First team, our Platinum Partners and a selection of our partner social enterprises. You'll also get to talk to our ambassadors – those who have completed our LDP – and get to know your peers, so that you can start building your Teach First network.
Week two brings an opportunity to experience life on the LDP at one of our partner schools around the country, where you'll deliver an inspiring lesson in your specialist STEM subject. While in school, you may get involved in a number of other activities such as homework clubs, formal or informal pupil coaching, or talk to pupils about your experience of going to university.
Taking part in our Insight Programme is a fantastic opportunity to gain skills that align with our LDP - resilience, confidence, leadership, teamwork. On the last day of Insight you'll take part in a reduced assessment for our LDP and if successful, you will be made an offer to start the two-year programme in 2018. As an Insight participant you are also eligible to fast-track through the initial stages of the application process for our Brand Manager Programme.
Who can apply?
- Penultimate year undergraduates, or undergraduates in their second or third year of a four year course
- STEM specialists - either studying for a STEM degree or have A-levels (A*- B) in the following subjects: two sciences (biology, chemistry or physics) and/or maths and/or technology (DT or ICT)
Benefits of the programme
- Attend tailored personal development sessions to increase your skill set and employability
- Observe teaching techniques in action and find out what it's really like in the classroom
- Understand the STEM challenge and the inequalities in our education system
- An opportunity to gain a place on our Leadership Development Programme (LDP) with a reduced assessment on the last day of the Insight Programme
- A dual offer for our Insight Programme in 2017 and our LDP in 2018 if you perform exceptionally well at the Insight assessment centre
- Fast-track through initial stages of the application process for our Brand Manager Programme (provided you meet the criteria)
- Salary of £250 per week and accommodation provided by Teach First
Applications to join our Insight Programme in 2017 are now closed. Please check back in the autumn when we will open applications for our 2018 programmes.
Start date: Spring 2018