Leadership Development Programme
You don't need to teach to be a leader. But it helps.
We provide a unique two-year Leadership Development Programme (LDP) that combines teacher training and a fully-funded Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), worth double the credits of a PGCE, with one-to-one coaching to develop your personal and leadership qualities. You’ll be leading your own classes in one of our partner schools and will gain the skills and experiences needed to become an inspirational leader who drives lasting change in education.
The advanced leadership skills and behaviours that you develop through our programme will have a lasting impact on both the pupils you teach, and your own future too. From communication and presentation skills to negotiation, time management, empathy and conflict resolution, the skills you’ll develop on the Leadership Development Programme (LDP) will transfer directly to leadership roles in any sector.
Over 80 high-profile employers recognise the impact our work is having and our success in developing leaders for the future. They support our vision for education and they value the quality, experience and, above all, the skills of the people who complete our LDP. Put simply, they know that those who can engage, stimulate and inspire in the classroom – and do it again and again – are people who can bring dynamism, resilience, organisation and imagination to any working environment.
Currently around 60% of our teachers choose to remain in the classroom after the initial two years of the LDP and 800 members of our community are now in senior and middle leadership roles. Others go on to pursue different career opportunities, while continuing to engage with our vision. Whatever their decision, all find the experience of teaching in a low-income community to be powerful, rewarding and enlightening. And all are changed by it. Whether our programme confirms your ambitions or reveals new possibilities, it will add to your skills and support you in developing as a leader for life.
- Opportunity to be part of a movement that is changing lives and will change society
- Challenging role with real responsibility from day one
- Skills and leadership development that are widely valued and which transfer directly to other roles
- Intensive teacher training leading to a PGDE
- Opportunity to pursue a Master’s qualification at reduced cost
- Ongoing coaching, business training and skills workshops
- Access to professional development and our network of supporters
- Full-time, paid position for a minimum of two years
Apply now to join our 2018 Leadership Development Programme.