Operations management at Royal Mail
About the programme
Operations is at the very core of our business – keeping the mail moving to every corner of the UK. But behind our team of postwomen and men, sorters and drivers, there are decision-makers and motivators who lead and coach our teams to be the very best that they can be.
On this two-year programme, you’ll join one of our mail centres or delivery offices as a line manager, delivery office manager, collections manager or work area manager. Leading between 15 and 100 people in one of our 1400 operational units around the country, you’ll inspire progress, improve performance and motivate your team to ensure that your unit is running as efficiently and smoothly as possible.
Because we operate nationally, our operations graduates are expected to relocate throughout the programme. That means your first placement could be at Birmingham Mail Centre and your second might be in Preston.
- Two-year programme
- £26,000 basic salary plus benefits
- Minimum 2:2 degree in any subject
- Full UK driving licence
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential
- Opportunities nationwide – graduates are expected to relocate throughout the programme
- The right to work full time in the UK.
What we're looking for
We’re looking for individuals with a passion for people, who have a natural ability to lead and who can coach their team. An eye for detail is also important as you’ll learn how to manage resources and budgets – all with a view to ensuring your team is working at its very best.
You’ll need a minimum 2:2 degree in any subject, good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, a full UK driving licence and you must be willing to relocate throughout the programme.
Hear from one of our Operations graduates
- 22.5 days holiday allowance (plus bank holidays and the option to purchase additional days)
- Pension scheme
- Annual performance based bonus
- Relocation allowance (if you are required to relocate throughout your programme)
- Interest free season ticket loan (after you’ve been working for us for one year)
- Free entry to English heritage sites
- Free mail redirection service if you move house
- Three additional days leave every time you relocate
- A range of voluntary benefits including healthcare and cycle to work scheme
We have 1,400 units throughout the UK and opportunities nationwide.
You’ll need tenacity, drive and perseverance, as well as the ambition to succeed.
I’ve been doing meaningful and rewarding work from day one.