Pentland Brands Graduate Programme 2017
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation
Pentland was founded in the 1930's in Liverpool by the current Chairman's grandparents. It started life as a small shoe business and has grown into the UK's leading global brand management group in sports, outdoor and fashion. Pentland Brands owns the following brands globally: Speedo, Canterbury, Ellesse, Berghaus, Red or Dead, Mitre, Kangaroos and Boxfresh; and is also the global licensee for Lacoste and Ted Baker footwear, and the UK licensee for Kickers.
As a third-generation, family-owned business we retain strong family values. We care about people, and that’s what drives our day-to-day work. Our global headquarters is in the UK and we employ 2,000 people across 20 countries around the world.
We believe that doing business the right way, with respect for people and the environment, is essential for ensuring our long-term sustainability - generation after generation. The Pentland values are at the heart of what we do and how we interact with the world around us.
We’re looking for passionate, creative and courageous graduates who are always willing to learn and want to be part of a global, fast moving, family organisation.
During the 2 year programme you'll be rotating across a number of departments, gaining exposure to every element of the product journey from concept through to consumer. You’ll develop by taking part in both classroom based learning right through to on the ground retail experience.
Marketing at Pentland works to deliver propositions that both consumers and retailers see, buy and love in a consistent and effective Pentland Way.
Within Marketing, you might work in:
- Campaign and category management
- Consumer insights
The Commercial team works to develop strong, lasting relationships with our key customers so that we can grow our business and translate global initiatives into fabulous in-store activities, tailored to our consumer needs.
Within Commercial, you might work in:
- International Business Development
- Account management
The Application Process
- Stage 1: A few quick questions and your application will be submitted
- Stage 2: Situational Judgement Test
- Stage 3: Video interview
- Stage 4: An assessment centre at our Head Office in London on 13th or 14th of December
What you need to have
- Ideally a 2:1 or above (or expected) in any discipline
- Excellent logical and analytical skills
- Effective communication skills
- The ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to a diverse audience
- Excellent organisational skills
What we need to see in you
- The ability to influence, engage and, present to groups of people at varying levels of seniority
- The ability to work on your feet at a fast pace
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer experience and service
- The ability to make decisions and take ownership of projects and deliverables
- The ability to manage your time across multiple deliverables