Pearlfinders – we give our clients a reason to connect with the world’s biggest brands
When you hear about new marketing agencies being appointed or major sponsorship deals being signed by the world’s biggest teams, Pearlfinders is very often in the background. We provide the biggest and most innovative agencies, sports teams and corporates with detailed reports that help them understand the marketing, sponsorship and technology investment plans of the world’s most powerful companies.
Pearlfinders interviews the most senior marketing, IT and HR decision-makers in companies across the globe to discuss their business challenges, agendas, priorities and, most importantly, what areas they plan to invest in.
We’re looking for the very brightest graduates in the UK to join our research team based in Clerkenwell, London.
As a researcher at Pearlfinders you’re responsible for speaking directly to senior directors in the biggest companies across the globe. You’ll have an investigative nature, and the ability to uncover information that steers clear of “corporate lines” you read in press.
We have an online community of approximately 600 clients across Europe, the US and Asia that subscribe to our 6 different products. We update our live feed of information in real-time, and our researchers are responsible for ensuring we are constantly providing them with the very best content available.
- You’ll be responsible for a portfolio of approximately 300 companies that you’ll research on a rolling basis. Your role will be to track ongoing developments, and proactively reach out to senior directors in these companies to gain comment on emerging trends and events, uncovering insight that helps our clients to better understand what’s happening in businesses behind corporate lines in the press.
- Our conversations are written up on a daily basis and delivered to clients first thing. You’ll have exceptional written ability, attention to detail, and the ability to structure a report so that it needs minimal editing.
- You’ll be able to use online resources to help build a picture of the individuals within companies that make actual decisions, and be able to map these out to our clients.
- A major part of this role is on the telephone and you’ll be comfortable networking across businesses and departments to be able to get interviews with senior execs on a consistent basis.
Pearlfinders prides itself as a business on the strength of our researchers, and the quality of product we’re able to produce every day of the week. You’ll be an excellent communicator, proactive and entrepreneurial in nature, and take massive pride in the work you produce. It’s a fast-paced role (think press desk) and you’ll be comfortable working in this environment. No day is the same, and you’ll be able to adapt quickly to different sectors and departments within companies.
We run a full week’s training/induction for new recruits when joining Pearlfinders. This includes everything from the systems used, different disciplines of marketing/technology, our research process and sector overviews. We have an ongoing training/development plan for every individual in the business to ensure you keep on learning.
We’re based in Clerkenwell and the office is social, open-plan and there’s always something happening. This year we’ve seen live music together in Hyde Park, held a private movie screening at the BFI, dominated division 2 in the London Advertising Softball League, and our netball team is currently sat 5th (poor show) in the Go Mammoth netball league.
As an employee of Pearlfinders you’ll get:
- A front-row seat for what we’re all confident will be a year of significant business growth.
- A competitive salary, reviewed at regular intervals
- Annual reviews and discussions over where your role is going; two of the current Director team started off in roles very similar to this one some years ago!
- A company pension scheme
- Discounted gym membership
You’d like to apply?
Please accompany your CV with a cover letter telling us why you’re interested, what your career plan is, and what you think you could add to Pearlfinders and click the apply button below.
Apply for Research Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly