Commercial Performance Analyst
We're looking for a bright, numerate graduate, to join an entrepreneurial team in a FTSE 100 business as a commercial performance analyst.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a high profile "start-up" environment within a global corporate and accelerate your learning through hands on involvement in product and commercial performance analysis.
You'll be working directly with colleagues who have worked in start-ups, management consulting and e-commerce businesses so expect to learn from them and be challenged!
The purpose of the role is to support the business with understanding the drivers of commercial performance.
We have lots of data on our e-commerce funnel, from on-site performance through to application and sales data and we need someone who is :
- looking to take their raw analytical skills and turn data and numbers into a clear "so what" which can then inform business and product decisions
- interested in e-commerce, because they realise that by combining data and commercial skills, they can have an impact on the top and bottom line
- conscious that to truly understand the numbers, they need to know how the business/product operates and are willing to roll their sleeves up to work with other business areas
- a great team player
The KPIs for this role can be defined in two categories:
- Visit to lead conversion rate
Conducting analysis to help understand where improvements can be made to increase funnel metrics
- Click to sale rates
Conducting analysis to support the account managers in understanding click to sale rates by monitoring application and accept rate changes based on traffic quality
- Data collection: Gathering data from multiple sources (web analytics, proprietary data, lender data) and storing it in easily accessible formats for analysis
- Analysis: Analysing stored data to help answer key business questions such as:
- How many people used CreditMatcher today/yesterday and how does that compare to last week/last month?
- What has driven positive/negative changes in performance? Visit mix, customer mix, product use changes?
- Why has the application rate with lenders gone up/down?
- Why has the accept rate with lenders gone up/down?
- What is the commercial performance of CreditMatcher daily/weekly/monthly?
- Forecasting & Reporting:
- Automate reports so that less time is spent inputting data and more time spent analysing data
- Working closely with the commercial and finance team to ensure accurate mid-month forecasting of projected revenues
- Preparing weekly/monthly commercial performance reports
- Collaboration: Working across the business to gather and understand drivers behind changes in commercial performance. E.g. with marketing to understand visit changes
Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- A 2:1 (or better) degree in a numerical subject
- Experience of working with numbers (using Excel) and generating insights. (Experience using macros and SQL a plus)
- A "roll your sleeves up" and "team player" attitude
- Great organisational skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- An interest in consumer finance is desirable
- At least twelve month's experience in the workplace
What will you get in return:
- Structured career path and learn from a range of people
- 25 days leave (buy or sell 5)
- Free lunch Fridays
- Bupa Healthcare/ Dental
- Pension Plan
- Company Bonus
- Range of flexible bens - gym, shopping vouchers