Research Consultant preferably with German
KAE provides some of the largest retail financial services institutions globally (e.g. retail banks, payment card networks and payment service providers, FinTech companies) with innovative, evidence-led insight. For this purpose, we have a well-established and dedicated team focused on tracking and anticipating key trends for our global clients. Using our commercial mind-set and creativity, we turn data into ready-to-use knowledge that informs, or transforms our client’s marketing strategy.
We are now seeking an intelligent and driven Research Consultant with fluency in German to carry out research and complement our set of team competencies.
Key elements of the role
- Use own initiative to proactively seek and develop understanding of the financial services industry through different data collection methods and interpret findings. Training will be provided to kick-start the process
- Provide insight into markets and competitors through the research of published industry analysis sources and the in-depth, semi-structured interviewing of senior executives, industry experts, suppliers and competitors and build a network of contacts to engage with
- Identify and persuade busy and often reluctant executives to share information – candidates must be personable and confident
- Analyse and interpret qualitative information and numerical data through cross-checking to build strong and evidence-based recommendations and implications for our client
- Synthesise findings to prepare well-written, insightful and robust research reports using tools such as PowerPoint, Word and Excel
What we are looking for
- A 1st or 2:1 class degree and strong academics are essential. We are interested in both arts and science graduates, but a Business degree will be an advantage
- Complete fluency in English and preferably German
- An excellent communicator with an engaging telephone manner and experience conducting interviews for research or commercial purposes
- A demonstrable interest in financial services
- Ability to work in a demanding environment and to efficiently manage their own time
- Experience in creating compelling PowerPoint presentations and delivering them confidently
- Great attention to detail in their work, including precise and professional written English
- Working closely with a fast-paced but highly collaborative team, the Research Consultant must be driven but also diplomatic and able to work independently when required
What we offer
- A dynamic work environment within a diverse and passionate team
- A high level of responsibility and ownership of your work from early on
- Exposure to all stages of a project and client-facing opportunities
- Challenging work with blue-chip financial services clients globally
- Internal and external training on a range of professional skills courses
- A platform to contribute your own ideas from day one and progress quickly based on performance
- A mentor to guide you through work life at KAE and help you grow
- A bonus, paid in January, dependent on company and individual performance
- A matched contribution pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical and travel insurance
- A cycle to work scheme
This is an entry-level position, which offers the potential for rapid advancement into client-facing and project management positions. We invest time and effort building our team’s core skills by providing a clearly defined career path and ongoing support through line management, mentoring and coaching. The team works closely across different levels and with senior project leaders in an atmosphere where teamwork and high performance are recognised and rewarded.
Starting salary is £24,000 - £32,000 per annum dependent on experience.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply with your CV and cover letter through our jobs portal by clicking the apply button! We will not be able to reach out to every applicant, but we will contact you if your skills and experience are a strong match for the role.