Trainee Accountant – Graduate Training Scheme
We are looking to recruit a bright and enthusiastic graduate looking to train on the job as a financial accountant. This is a permanent opportunity within our finance team where you will learn a host of accounting skills on the job as well as studying towards your ACCA qualification (which typically takes 3 years).
Who we are -
- The National Lottery makes games that change lives by rewarding winners and investing in communities the length and breadth of the UK. On average, we give a staggering £34million every week to National Lottery funded projects.
- We currently turnover in excess of £7billion per year with plans to grow to £9billion by 2020 (scary but achievable we think!). It may surprise you to know that we do this with a workforce of only c.800 people. This means that every one of us has a real opportunity to make a life changing impact.
- We run the world’s most successful lottery website and operate four of the UK’s biggest FMCG brands including Lotto and EuroMillions.
How you’ll make a difference -
This is a pretty meaty role which will cover a range of financial accounting tasks including; financial reporting (there will be quite a lot of this!), balance sheet reconciliations, preparing statutory accounts, assisting with audit queries and supporting with month end & year end (to name but a few!).
Don’t worry – you won’t be expected to do all of this from day one however you will need to be quick to pick things up as you’ll take on more responsibility as you progress through your ACCA qualification!
What you’ll bring to the table -
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree (2.1 or higher)
- A Level (or equivalent) in Mathematics at Grade B or higher
- Must be willing to commit to the full three years of study and driven to passing those all-important exams whilst working full time
- Excellent communication skills and able to engage with the wider finance team across a range of issues
- A good level of experience with MS Office (in particular Excel)
What we’ll give you -
How about a day a month dedicated to your personal development? That's right, we'll give you 12 dedicated days to help you grow with us! We're also offering a competitive annual bonus, 26 days of holiday goodness and a rather generous pension scheme (for those planning a better tomorrow!).
Please send your CV via the apply button, mentioning Milkround.