Graduate Project Manager in the QC Project Management Team
L&Q is one of London and the South East’s leading residential developers, providing high quality homes to meet a range of needs and incomes in the competitive London market.
Founded in 1963 as a charitable housing association, L&Q now own or manage over 70,000 homes. In addition to this impressive portfolio, L&Q are committed to delivering 10000 homes per year for the next 10 years and are set to become London’s largest residential developers.
Quadrant Construction was established in 2010 as a wholly owned subsidiary of L&Q to provide ‘in-house’ construction expertise, undertaking the construction of new build housing developments including any associated infrastructure and commercial units. Quadrant will turnover approx. £90m across 16 schemes and deliver over 700 completions this year alone, and intend to double their output over the next 5 years, providing exceptional career progression opportunities.
L&Q’s graduate training programme will allow you to gain valuable hands-on experience from the very outset of your career guided by market leading experts. With a strong emphasis on staff training, welfare and development, L&Q have gained wide recognition for their commitment to its employees including being Investor in People accredited and appearing on the A Great Places to Work company list for ten consecutive years – now holding a special Master's award for employee experience.
This is your opportunity to gain esteemed industry experience of the development process at an award winning, design-led multi-disciplinary company that’s dedicated to creating successful and sustainable places where people want to live.
L&Q is looking to take on up to eight graduates in summer 2017 within our Quadrant Construction or Development teams based at our Stratford offices. Our scheme offers a three-year structured learning plan. We support graduates to progress in their chosen career pathway and to achieve membership of a professional body.
Our graduate programme aims to bring in staff who can, through perseverance and hard work, rise up the ranks. We support graduates to develop their skills for roles such as Project Manager, Site Manager, Technical Co-ordinator and Quantity Surveyor.
Our mission of creating places where people want to live comes to life for graduates. You will be able to see the full journey from building inception to the point somebody moves in to the property and calls it home.
Graduate Project Manager in the QC Project Management Team – Fixed Term Contract for 3 years
Salary – Starting £26,000 per annum
Location: Based at Stratford, E15 1BJ but with regular travel to our sites.
Who we’re looking for:
- Individuals must have RICS/CIOB/RTPI accredited degree in a relevant discipline.
- Are passionate about working in development or construction
- Have a willingness and desire to learn.
- Show resilience and tenacity
- Are driven and committed
- Show initiative and act proactively.
- Are able to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Able to use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Driving licence is desirable
- Must be flexible in terms of travel
- Must be able to work in the UK
Yes, we need people with relevant qualifications and skills, but we also need people with the right values, attitudes and behaviours to join us.
What you can Expect
- You’ll receive a competitive salary and great company benefits.
- Great breadth and variety of experiences through a structured programme within your chosen discipline
- You’ll gain a nationally recognised qualification.
- You’ll have access to outstanding training offered internally.
- You’ll be supported all the way throughout the programme by an experienced line manager and mentor.
To find out more information about this post and to apply please click the 'Apply' button.
Closing date for completed applications: Friday 6 January 2017
Assessment Centres will be held on 1st and 2nd February 2017