Business Development Representative UK
Mirakl is looking for a motivated Business Development Representative who has either a demonstrable experience generating and prospecting qualified leads for a software company, (ideally saas), or is passionate about e-commerce and wants to participate in its ongoing revolution.
The role consists of establishing, cultivating and maintaining relationships with C Level contacts within small and medium retail companies. Those relationships should uncover opportunities to deploy Mirakl’s marketplace platform and yield deeper, more strategic, market insight. The desired candidate understands how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically.
The business development representative will have a number of new qualified leads to generate each month and must support the Sales Executives throughout the sales cycle.
Persistence and attention to detail are vital to success in this role.
We need self-motivated, high energy, people that can think strategically, are comfortable with conceptual selling, and can create momentum within sometimes large and complex organizations. We want candidates that can do those things with passion and a good sense of humor.
The ideal candidate will able to articulate their ability to properly research and catalogue contact, account and opportunity information, build and execute upon a realistic prospecting plan, manage time and territory to maximize velocity and penetration, establish solid relationships with key executives at the highest levels of an organization (particularly at the VP, EVP, and C-level), and effectively manage expectations.
- Will have proven experience working in a business development/inside sales role (6 months- 1/2 years-ideally software/saas).
- Can effectively manage their bandwidth in the context of managing a portfolio of target accounts.
- Can work as part of a sales team, with a focus on managing relationships.
- Can adequately set expectations and deliver on those promises.
- Uses effective sales techniques to uncover customer needs that can be addressed through Mirakl’s solutions.
- Can articulate the benefits of using our solutions to prospective customers across a broad array of industries.
- Prior sales experience, exposure to Solution Selling, or SPIN preferred.
- Basic understanding of online Marketplaces.
- Demonstrated work ethic and consistent over achievement.
- Experience with selling ecommerce-focused solutions preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision.
- The ability to learn quickly and be a self-starter are vital to this role.
- Bachelors /Master’s degree preferred in Business, Marketing, MIS.
Start date is ASAP.