Analytics Graduate Programme
TUI UK & Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including Thomson, First Choice and Thomson Cruises. With a team of 13,300 employees, it serves more than 5.2 million customers each year.
TUI UK & Ireland see the application of analytical techniques and data based decision-making as critical to its future success and a key source of competitive advantage. This is an opportunity to join a graduate scheme focused on producing business leaders who through their strong analytical and modelling capabilities combined with great communication/influencing skills can drive forward the analytics agenda. This will ensure that TUI UK & Ireland derive full benefit from the world of “big data” and continue to find innovative ways to make the right decision at the right time in order to both enhance the customer experience and maximise profitability. During the scheme you will work across three teams giving you exposure to a wide range of business problems, different technologies and different stakeholders:
Digital Analytics – focused on using web behavioural data to optimise the use of our web and mobile sites.
Commercial Analytics – focused in the area of yield management, using demand forecasts and profitability data to optimise price and capacity management.
Customer Analytics – focused on using our rich customer data to truly personalise the customer experience.
What you will be doing
As an Analytics Graduate Trainee you will join a 2 year rotational programme, comprised of an 8 month assignment in each of the analytics teams. Your assignment will consist of a mix of project work on key initiatives and supporting the teams in using a range of leading systems to optimise the customer experience and profitability.
You will use a range of modelling and analytical techniques supported by the appropriate software to either answer key business questions or to deliver decision-making applications which ensure that decisions are made on a consistent and scientific basis. You will work directly with stakeholders from across the business to ensure that your analysis really addresses the underlying problem and that the results are implemented and the impact tracked and measured.
Examples of recent questions/problems tackled by our analytics consultants:
- Application of segmentation techniques to identify which ancillaries customers are most likely to buy.
- What is the value of customer retention?
- What is the impact of promotional discount codes on-line – are they worth it?
- How accurate are our demand forecasts?
- Has changing our web search functionality improved conversion?
What can you expect?
- Chance to apply your problem solving skills to challenging real life problems
- Work on a variety of projects and gain experience in managing and explaining complex analysis to a variety of stakeholders
- Learn new technologies
- Early responsibility in a supportive environment
- Opportunity to learn from analytics consultants with experience in a range of industries
- Upon successful completion of the scheme you will move into a permanent role.
What we are looking for
- Mathematics A Level at grade A or B
- Minimum BSC (2:1 and above) in a mathematical, economic or scientific related discipline.
- Demonstrable analytical problem solving capabilities
- Exceptional communication skills
- Adaptable, flexible and emotionally resilient – able to thrive under pressure in a fast paced environment
How to apply
Please click on the apply button, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.
Should your application be progressed further you will be contacted to complete Numerical and Verbal reasoning tests. Upon success at this stage, you will be invited to complete a video interview, followed by an assessment centre.