Graduate Analyst Programme - Oxford (Rotations in Northampton)
Graduate Analyst Programme, Opus Energy- Oxford with rotations in Northampton
Opus Energy, a dynamic organisation, is looking to recruit exceptional graduates for its Analyst Programme to start in September 2017. The scheme is a fantastic opportunity for graduates with strong analytical and mathematical skills to apply them in a commercial operation. During the two years of the scheme, graduates will rotate through the analytical departments of pricing, trading, operational analysis and reporting, as well as taking on in-the-business rotations. These will be designed to afford the graduate with vital exposure to many areas of this innovative and growing energy company.
The two year scheme will give you full exposure to Opus Energy and the various business areas. You will gain experience of the following;
A variety of analytical tasks such as:
- Modelling & optimising of energy demand forecasting systems
- Assisting with energy trading and hedging operations
- Assisting with pricing of energy contracts and analysing the costs of energy supply
- Assisting with product development
- Analysing operational process for efficiency and generating reports for business users
In-the Business Rotations
Full immersion in the day to day operations of departments such as:
- Sales and Marketing
- Customer service
- Corporate sales and product development
- Renewables operations and product development
- Process improvements and change management
- You will either have graduated or be a final year university student in a numerical subject having gained/expecting a 2:1 degree. We are also looking for an 'A' grade for Mathematics (or similar) at A' Level and 300+ UCAS points from your best three A' Level results.
Candidates must have:
- Strong analytic and numeric skills essential
- A high standard of oral and written communication skills
- Ability to apply a high level of accuracy and attention to detail- Experienced with Microsoft Excel,sSome experience of basic IT programming such as SQL would be an advantage although not essential.- Knowledge of the industry is not necessary as full training will be provided.
- £23-£25k DOE + £1,000 relocation payment + guaranteed pay rise of £1,000 at the end of years 1 & 2.