Graduate IT Programme - Northampton (Rotations in Oxford)
IT Graduate Programme, Opus Energy, Northampton (with occasional travel to Oxford)
Opus Energy, a dynamic, rapidly expanding organisation, is looking to recruit exceptional graduates for its IT Graduate scheme to start in September 2017.
The scheme is an exciting opportunity for graduates to gain experience across the entire IT function, during the two year programme. Successful graduates will rotate across Project Management, Application Development and IT Service Management. These rotations will be designed to afford the graduate with vital exposure to a key area of our innovative and growing business. At the end of the scheme graduates are guaranteed a role within one of the specialist IT functions of Opus Energy.
We offer a highly competitive salary plus benefits including performance related bonus, private medical insurance, pension and a further flexible benefits package.
Based at our Northampton office, the two year scheme will give you full exposure to the IT function of Opus Energy. You will gain experience in the following areas;
- Project Management - engaging with each business area, understanding their roadmaps and priorities in order to aid the delivery of business critical projects. You will be formulating the requirements for a change to existing applications or a project for a new process or system.
- Application Development - Playing a key role in the development and testing of our own internal applications and external portals that we provide to our customers, these applications are vital to the day to day commercial success of Opus Energy.
- IT Service Management - Providing the infrastructure that hosts our system and day to day IT processes. This area is vital in providing the support to all Opus Energy users and maintaining the variety of IT systems within our growing business.
- You will either have graduated or be a final year university student with a minimum 2:1 degree in an IT related subject.
- You will be looking to develop a career in IT within a fast growing organisation.
- Any commercial work experience gained of an IT nature will be viewed favourably, however is not essential.
- Candidates must have:
A passion for solving problems and the technical process behind this
A high standard of oral and written communication skills
Ability to apply a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- £23k - £25k DOE + £1,000 relocation payment + pay rise of £1,000 at the end of years 1 & 2.