A global investment bank offering a range of services including asset management, trading, research and derivatives with strong foundations in Asia-Pacific. This is a full-service institutional cash equities broker in Australia, Asia, South Africa and Canada with offerings in the US and Europe, and retail derivatives in key locations globally.
This is a permanent position paying £45,000 per annum.
Responsibilities of the role:
You will join the Commodities and Financial Markets team who provide clients with 24-hour access to global commodity and financial markets covering energy, metals, mining, agriculture, fixed income, currencies, credit and futures markets.
- Work in a fast-paced and dynamic dealing room environment alongside industry leaders who have been at the forefront of the industry for years.
- Understand client needs with regards to market access, financing, financial hedging and physical execution.
- You will work on a trading desk, be part of a globally connected team and deal directly with clients.
- The working environment fosters real learning opportunities. From day one, you will gain exposure to a trading floor and equity markets. You should expect to have some project work assigned to you immediately which will be combined with very fast paced and changing tasks typical to working on an equities trading floor.
- The company are looking for people who want to drive their own success – high calibre, motivated individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds who can demonstrate flexibility and think creatively, in return you will be given the best opportunity to build your skills and forge a successful career path.
The ideal candidate’s skills, personality and qualifications are:
- Educated to degree level, ideally from a Tier 1 university in Economics or a quantitative subject.
- A clear, concise and confident communicator.
- A high level of numeracy.
- Ability and appetite to work in a role with a lot of variety both in terms of skills and working rhythm.
- Akin to an investment banking working environment.
- Bonus points for postgraduate study or a demonstrable interest in commodity markets.
- Some previous relevant working experience ideally with relevance to commodity markets.
- Ideally somebody who can start working within this financial year but OK if only available in spring.
- Determination to succeed and hunger is going to be one of the most important criteria.
- Fluency in a European language, Italian or German preferred but not required.
What are the perks of working at this company?
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the world’s most renowned investment banks and financial services groups with over 70 offices worldwide and employing over 14,000 members of staff.