Graduate Management Trainees
We are looking for well-rounded graduates to join our National Express Graduate Management Trainee Programme. If you can demonstrate intellect combined with an understanding of our business and wider society, and are able to interact at all levels we would love to hear from you.
A unique and very exciting part of our scheme is that, while your initial training will be based in the UK, you will also be part of our global National Express Network with the opportunity to work in our international business units. In addition, you will be given the opportunity to obtain further qualifications, such as an MBA from a prestigious world-class university, and benefit from 6-monthly events at world-class university business schools.
About the Graduate Management Trainee Programme:
As a National Express Graduate Management Trainee, you will undertake a structured 12 month training programme which has been carefully designed to ensure you gain a detailed understanding of all the key areas of the bus or coach business and the career opportunities available in them.
Throughout your training you will have ongoing support from the HR Director, including regular review meetings, together with the guidance and expertise of a separate dedicated personal mentor. Our aim is to give you the tools, the encouragement and the help to succeed and make a real difference to our business. Your programme will cover a wide range of business activities and functions including; operational management and leadership, marketing and commercial strategy, human resources, training and development, engineering, network planning, safety, finance, purchasing, payroll, technical support, revenue management and customer service.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Degree – minimum 2.1 (Hons), in any subject.
- 3 A levels, grade C or above, and 5 GCSEs, grade C or above.
- Strong commercial focus, excellent communication skills, genuine interest in passenger transport and a flexible, enthusiastic and down-to-earth approach.
- Flexible approach to working hours and to travelling, as training may involve early mornings, late nights and weekends at locations throughout the Midlands. Geographical flexibility required.
- The ability to speak more than one language is desirable, though not essential.
- Full UK Driving Licence is preferred (with no more maximum 3 penalty points).
Initial training in the Midlands – Geographical flexibility required
How to apply:
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ button. If you wish to discuss the vacancy, please contact Human Resources on 0121 254 7205. Please note all correspondence will be via email only.
Applications must be submitted by Monday 9th January 2017.
Assessment centres have been set as 14th, 15th, 22nd and 23rd February 2017. We will be in touch shortly after the closing date to confirm if you have been successful in securing a place on one of these days.