Undergraduate Engineering Trainee – BHPS/Asset Management
E.ON provides electricity and gas to millions of customers across the UK. Our vision is a simple one: we want to be the trusted energy partner for our customers. We back technologies like Combined Heat & Power (CHP) that recycle heat and lower bills. With 23 wind farms and the country’s largest biomass power plant, we’re major investors in renewable and alternative energy. And we won Large Supplier of the Year in 2014 and came top for Overall Customer Satisfaction in 2012 and 2013 at the uSwitch Energy Awards. It’s a record we’re proud of and with your help, one we’ll maintain.
This role will work within the Business Heat and Power Solutions (BHPS) business, assisting in providing heat and power to large-scale installations and the National Grid.
What you’ll do
- You will develop engineering solutions that improve a power plant’s technical performance and explore associated commercial/financial benefits
- Develop complex power plant performance models to help evaluate the site’s current thermodynamic performance
- Evaluate any degradation in a power plant’s technical performance
- Be responsible for the development and delivery of engineering solutions that will mitigate engineering risk
- Support BHPS’s engineering/performance teams across a range of technical disciplines, both electrical and mechanical
- Investigate alternative engineering that may save costs by using different technological solutions
- Be part of a BHPS site’s Operational and /or Maintenance team
What we’re looking for
You’ll already be working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering (dual honours degrees will also be considered on a discretional basis). You’ll possess excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills and have a self-driven, pro-active approach to developing your skills and experiences.