Q&S Engineer – Meter Operations (10+ months)
E.ON provides electricity and gas to millions of customers across the UK. Our vision is a simple one: we want to be the trusted energy partner for our customers. We back technologies like Combined Heat & Power (CHP) that recycle heat and lower bills. With 23 wind farms and the country’s largest biomass power plant, we’re major investors in renewable and alternative energy. And we won Large Supplier of the Year in 2014 and came top for Overall Customer Satisfaction in 2012 and 2013 at the uSwitch Energy Awards. It’s a record we’re proud of and with your help, one we’ll maintain.
Smart meters are the next generation of electricity and gas meters - we’re investing in them in a big way. Be involved and help us install, fix and maintain them, both on-site and remotely, using a variety of new technologies.
What you’ll do
- Deliver installation policies for both electricity and gas SMETS2 meters
- Develop the installation process for these meters and the in-home devices deployed in the roll out
- Deliver an end to end audit verification process to ensure the policies and processes are adhered to when installing in customers’ homes
- Review of industrial and commercial half hourly metering system commissioning process
- Develop ‘best practice’ for this activity in line with regulatory requirements and the Balance and Settlement Code
- Develop the procedures to align this best practice into the installation procedures
What we’re looking for
Through your studies you’ll possess electrical and/or gas engineering knowledge and have a solid understanding of process design and verification.
The desirable skills or experience we look for: background knowledge of technical regulations relating to electricity and gas metering.