Customer Operations Undergraduate – Customer Operations
E.ON provides electricity and gas to millions of customers across the UK. Our vision is a simple one: we want to be the trusted energy partner for our customers. We back technologies like Combined Heat & Power (CHP) that recycle heat and lower bills. With 23 wind farms and the country’s largest biomass power plant, we’re major investors in renewable and alternative energy. And we won Large Supplier of the Year in 2014 and came top for Overall Customer Satisfaction in 2012 and 2013 at the uSwitch Energy Awards. It’s a record we’re proud of and with your help, one we’ll maintain.
In Customer Operations, you’ll have the opportunity to work with the most important people in our business – our customers.
What you’ll do
1. Customer Advisor
- Dealing with a range of enquiries and providing outstanding customer service
- Working as part of a team to achieve shared goals
- Develop a detailed understanding of a specific area of the business
- Display role model behaviours and support the needs of the team
2. Operational Excellence Junior Navigator
- Develop an understanding of Lean and six sigma methodologies
- Input to project management of the programme
- Participate in front-line observations, completion of diagnostic analyses to delivery of diagnostic outputs
- Lead problem-solving workshops, complete analyses to deliver design outputs
- Engage front-line teams to develop and deliver implementation plans
- Coach local change agents to drive own work streams
3. Service Delivery Team Manager
- Gain an understanding of the requirements of project management
- Manage own projects effectively
- Analyse the implementation of projects to understand the affects and benefits provided and to ensure they are in line with pre-implementation projections
- Produce analysis to help support Service Delivery Managers, Section Managers and Customer Service Managers in effective decision making around service and performance levels
What we’re looking for
You’ll need to have a proactive attitude and a passion for understanding the customer’s needs. In addition to that, you’ll be bringing in a desire to continuously improve and support the development of others. You’ll already have strong communication skills – both written and verbal. Not forgetting the emotional resilience to overcome every challenge that comes your way.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is useful, as is any previous experience of customer service.