Junior Strategist – Strategy & Regulation
E.ON provides electricity and gas to millions of customers across the UK. Our vision is a simple one: we want to be the trusted energy partner for our customers. We back technologies like Combined Heat & Power (CHP) that recycle heat and lower bills. With 23 wind farms and the country’s largest biomass power plant, we’re major investors in renewable and alternative energy. And we won Large Supplier of the Year in 2014 and came top for Overall Customer Satisfaction in 2012 and 2013 at the uSwitch Energy Awards. It’s a record we’re proud of and with your help, one we’ll maintain.
Strategy & Regulation
The UK Strategy team is a high profile internal consultancy team in the E.ON UK Centre providing functional leadership for strategy, mergers & acquisitions.
What you’ll do
You’ll work in a Strategist level role, which generally involves:
- Contributing to UK and Group-wide projects, processes and business initiatives to develop robust strategies and stretching business plans
- Analysing, interpreting, and communicating insights from market/competitor analysis
- Working with the strategy team and colleagues across the business to develop key documents and presentations to present to key internal/external stakeholders
- Communicating and engaging all colleagues on the UK Strategy
You’ll focus on a key project during the placement, which will reflect your development needs and business objectives to ensure that you can see how your Strategy activity contributes towards the success of the RU UK business. Examples of specific projects include Smart Metering, Smart Homes, Community Energy Savings Programme, developing a segmented approach for our small business customers, analysis of the evolving external market, and deep dives into specific competitor businesses or market dynamics.
Business Deliverables and Success Criterion
- Support a range of strategy projects through research, analysis and insight, with focus on the key project above
- Specific deliverables will be mutually agreed in the first few days of the placement, based on the status of the relevant strategy projects at that point
What we’re looking for
You’ll be highly skilled in relevant technologies and applications (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel). You’ll also have excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills. You’ll also present the ability to take an assertive and diplomatic approach with colleagues, senior managers and stakeholders. You’ll have numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and information and produce it in a clear and logical format.
Always bringing forward a pro-active and creative approach to problem solving, you’ll have a proven ability to produce quality work, often to tight deadlines, as well as possessing the ability to learn and grasp new concepts quickly.