Graduate Design Engineer
This is an opportunity for a post graduate student possessing an engineering degree. A degree accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineering [CIBSE] and/or The Engineering Council UK [ECUK] would be beneficial.
The Company’s refrigeration Design Engineers advise on design, installation and maintenance of cost effective and energy efficient systems for refrigeration services in supermarkets, cold stores, food processing factories etc. They are responsible for the mechanical and H&S aspects of the refrigeration systems ensuring that the services perform effectively and efficiently. Environmental sustainability, cost effectiveness of the refrigeration systems, H&S features, emergency procedures and security are vital and high priority.
The Company is seeking a candidate with a definite interest in engineering and looking to build a long-term career.
Ryan-Jayberg Ltd is an independent UK Refrigeration and Air Conditioning company providing a comprehensive range of services in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning industry. This opportunity is for a post graduate student possessing an engineering degree with design, electrical, mechanical and/or HVAC knowledge to apply for the position of Graduate Design Engineer, based in the Company’s London HO working in the Engineering team, working closely with the Engineering Director, Design Engineers, Project Managers and Co-ordinators.
- Excellent problem solving skills/analytical thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- An appreciation for accurate detail/good design
- Excellent numeracy/good level of scientific understanding
- Ability to work in a team/on own initiative
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong technical drawing/IT skills
- Familiarity with industry specific software/modelling programmes preferred, training can be provided
- Layout design of commercial/semi industrial refrigeration systems
- Assessing these and existing systems for performance
- Drawing up plans, writing briefs and reporting on progress
- Carrying out tests on systems/making changes to plan where necessary
- Monitoring the installation of services/managing their maintenance
- Ensure that all services meet or exceed current H&S and Environmental legislation
- Liaison with construction or mechanical services professionals
- Giving presentations, write reports, advising on the functional aspects of the system, highlighting practical implications of the intended design
- Promoting energy efficiency and sustainability issues
- Managing and liaising with the team to complete work on time, to a high standard
We are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate their desire for design/engineering, provide a portfolio of sample work and provide required qualifications at interview stage.