Who we are:
The American Hardwood Export Council (AHEC) runs a worldwide marketing campaign to promote the use of American hardwoods, targeting architects, designers, specifiers and the timber trade. AHEC has been at the forefront of wood promotion in Europe for the last 20 years, successfully building a distinctive and creative brand for U.S. hardwoods.
What we do:
AHEC supports creative design projects such as The Wish List and The Smile for London Design Festival, Along the Lines of Happiness for Milan Design Week and The Workshop of Dreams. It is through these projects that AHEC aims to demonstrate the performance, aesthetics, and environmental credentials of American hardwoods, while providing valuable inspiration.
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will either be a recent graduate or have a strong interest in PR and Marketing with demonstrable experience. They will be friendly and positive person with an excellent command of written and spoken English. Good admin and organisational skills are essential, as are initiative and enthusiasm.
This is a junior role paying £22-£25,000.
The successful applicant's main responsibilities will include:
- General administration – answering the phone, sorting through post, filing etc.
- Preparing tender request proposals for new suppliers/contractors
- Supporting the Marketing Managers as required
- Supporting the Office & Finance Manager with daily administration activity
- Coordinating event support with Marketing Managers and Office & Finance Manager
- Managing the website content and image uploading (training will be provided)
- Managing social media on a daily basis e.g. Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Filing PR Clippings (print and online)
- Researching architectural practices and tracking projects for future PR potential
- Updating the database
- Designing the monthly market reports in InDesign
- Evaluating projects and campaigns
- Getting involved in team meetings regarding strategy and development
AHEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.