IT / Technology Graduate Scheme 2017
We take graduate recruitment very seriously at Elsevier. We are looking for talented, insightful and innovative graduates to join our 2017 IT graduate programme. From your first day you will be working with both IT and business colleagues to help build innovative technology solutions globally. You won’t simply be writing code; you will be instrumental in developing new ideas and driving them to completion.
Whether you aspire to be a software expert, a company CTO or a highly-regarded architect we can help you achieve this. Our graduates are the future and are given the opportunity to become well-rounded individuals through exposure to our technology, wider business communities and skills.
Technology is at the heart of what we do and is changing the way we do business in Elsevier. You can be part of this too.
So, who is Elsevier?
Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information, part of the RELX Group, a $10bn FTSE100 business.
Elsevier provides unparalleled content and innovative information solutions to facilitate scientific and medical research. Our cutting edge technology enables scientists, health professionals, and students to make critical decisions, enhance productivity, and improve outcomes. Our customers span virtually every Science, Technology and Medical field in the world and our products include such distinguished brands as Science Direct, The Lancet and Cell.
What are we offering?
We are offering over 25 IT graduate opportunities for 2017; roles will be based in our offices in London or Oxford.
You will be trained over the course of 2 years in disciplines such as Project Management, Software Engineering, Business Analysis and/or QA Engineering and you will gain exposure to technologies such as Cloud Computing, CRM, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Java, Front-end languages and Big Data concepts such as Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning.
What makes us better than the rest?
There are all sorts of graduate roles out there but we are confident that few (if any) can match the combination of benefits that we offer. In addition to great technical and soft-skills training, we offer: an excellent work-life balance, a great social life, structured career planning and a 2 year fast-track development programme. Last but not least we offer a generous remuneration package that increases incrementally throughout the two years and offers 'core' benefits such as 25 days’ holiday allowance, 2 paid charity days (as a business we do a lot of charity work), pension, life assurance scheme and SAYE Share Options Scheme.
What are we looking for?
- First and foremost you should be a 2016/2017 graduate
- You should have achieved or be expecting a 2:1 or better in your degree in a subject such as Computer Science, Physics, Maths or Engineering.
- You should have a natural passion for technology and a desire to learn and progress quickly.
- You must be a strong communicator with well-formed interpersonal skills.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
Take the next step
- If this sounds like the ideal opportunity to kick start your career, then please submit your CV and covering letter to Sarah Mattinson via the apply button for consideration.
- First round telephone screenings will take place in January/February with assessment days in March/April.
- The start date for these roles will be September 2017.