Graduate Merchandise Trainee
We’re looking for ambitious graduates to join our Merchandising Graduate Programme you’ll work across a number of our platforms.
When we started QVC in the UK in October 1993, we knew we were creating a very special business. The idea of bringing a magical shopping experience to customers in the comfort of their own home was special in itself. But we also knew that to make our customers really happy, we needed to build a team of people who absolutely loved their work, so that's exactly what we did.
You could soon be joining us at the start of your QVC journey!
We’re looking for ambitious and enthusiastic graduates to join us at the heart of our core consumer business. As part of the Merchandising Graduate Programme you’ll work across a number of our platforms. This will give you behind the scenes access to a multichannel business. Over the 12 month programme you will gain exposure to not only a successful and established buying and merchandising environment, but our E-commerce, Non-live and broadcasting platforms! The mix of retail and live broadcasting makes this Graduate Programme truly exciting and unique opportunity.
Join our Graduate Development Programme and you’ll hit the ground running from day one. As a superstar Merchant of the future whether that’s in buying, planning, non-live or on –line, you’ll be given full exposure to our business, before deciding which area to specialise in. You’ll start with a panoramic view of the business and then apply your skills and energy where they’re best suited.
What are we looking for?
- Obtained or be working towards your degree (2.1. and above)
- Some work experience - whether through placement years, internships or university
- Passionate about on-line business, e-commerce and sales and merchandising
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to handle objections and negotiate
- People who are self-motivated, flexible and place the customer at the centre of everything they do.
- We hold analytical skills in high regard at QVC and hire those who can interpret complex information and use this to develop clear, actionable plans.
- Strong IT skills, especially in Excel
What can we do for you and where will the role take you?
This 12 month programme is designed for University Graduates as a route into various roles across our Merchandising function. It provides a platform from which you can dip your toes in to various areas of the business, giving you a real breadth of knowledge and experience within QVC UK. You'll take part in real time projects and work on assignments as part of a team, and be on the receiving end of some of the best opportunities and experiences you'll ever have with the goal of becoming a Buyer or Merchandiser of the future!
- Competitive Salary +Benefits
- Personal Development Plans for structured training
- One-to-one mentoring and Buddy
- Career progression
Our Graduate Development Scheme is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door in a demanding, challenging and rewarding industry.
Salary and Benefits:
- £22,000 per annum + career benefits
- Private Medical Insurance
- 20% QVC Employee Discount
- Life Assurance
- Bonus (Shared Success scheme)
- 23 Annual Leave & Public Holidays
- Interest free bicycle loan (for a purchase of a bicycle or any bike parts) plus 15% discount on bicycles and accessories at Halfords and Bike Hut
- Interest free season ticket loan following successful completion of your probationary period
- Onsite coffee shop and restaurant offering a great variety of healthy food options, prepared fresh every day!
How to apply details:
Please click on the apply button and submit your CV and cover letter.