Apprenticeship Assessor Business & Admin (Maternity Cover Feb 17-Oct 1
Northumberland College has two main campuses at Ashington and Kirkley Hall and centres at Hexham and Berwick.
We offer hundreds of full-time and part-time courses, work with full-time students aged 14-18, full-time adult learners returning to learning, learners on part-time, work-based and apprenticeship programmes as well as higher education students working up to BA (Hons) level and employers from across the North East region.
The Apprenticeship Academy works with Apprentices, their employers and specialist curriculum areas within the College to provide quality learning experiences. Working with a wide range of employers we offer a range of Intermediate and Advanced Engineering Apprenticeships. As an Apprenticeship Assessor you will take responsibility for the whole Apprentice learner journey, including:
- The provision of support, instruction and assessment, to Apprentices, managing individual learning plans, e-portfolios and e-learning as required.
- Acting as the main point of contact for the Apprentice, the Employer and colleagues involved in the Apprenticeship delivery.
- Ensuring that Equality and Diversity, Learner wellbeing including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Prevent (including British Values) are embedded within the learner journey.
The successful applicant will have an excellent subject knowledge of Business, Management and Administration preferably with experience of applying this within a vocational setting. You will need a good understanding of Apprenticeships as well as understanding assessment processes related to qualifications. You need to be committed to supporting Apprentices and enabling them to succeed and achieve.
Ideally you will have:
- Subject related Degree or a qualification at a minimum of Level 4, or equivalent, and significant relevant industrial experience
- A1/A2 Assessor Awards or equivalent
- Minimum of Level 2 qualification in Maths, English and ICT
- Award in Education and Training
You need to have experience of delivering vocational qualifications in business administration and management up to Level 4 and ideally be qualified to carry out Internal Quality Assurance. You will need to be flexible and will work on a peripatetic basis across the North East from a base at our Ashington campus.
Northumberland College is fully committed to:
'Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment'
'Equality & diversity and inclusion for students, employers, the communities it services, staff, governors and customers who come into contact with the college'
When applying for this role, please reference AoC Jobs as your application source when asked.