HR Generalist Industrial Placement
We’re offering an exciting 12 month industrial placement opportunity, within our dynamic HR Shared Service team. It starts in July 2017 and you’ll work with the HR Coordinator and HR Advisor teams, delivering a first class service to our employees and managers. You’ll get involved in all sorts of activities covering the whole employee HR lifecycle.
WHAT WILL I GAIN FROM THE PROGRAMME?
You’ll spend your placement working at our head office in Hatfield, and you’ll quickly get to understand the structure of Computacenter; our group strategy; the products and services we deliver; the external market and sector in which we operate; where your role fits in the organisation; our values and how these apply to your role.
You’ll start working with the HR Coordinator team to understand all of our HR admin processes and systems. You’ll produce offers and contracts, process changes to employee’s terms and conditions and use our HR System to maintain all employee and organisation data.
Then you’ll join the HR advisor team to understand more about our policies and employment legislation. You’ll use the knowledge you gain to get involved in supporting managers and employees with Maternity, Paternity, Flexible working, absence management and much much more!
During the 12 months, you’ll spend a bit of time getting to understand what the other functions in HR are all about like Reward, Learning and Development and Business Integration. You’ll understand how all of these fit together with the HR Shared Service.
WHAT CRITERIA DO I NEED TO MEET TO APPLY?
- Studying towards or just completed a degree, ideally in HR or a business related subject
- Evidence of drive and motivation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a natural drive to go the extra mile
- Self-motivated & confident working in a team and a fast learner
- Strong communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Confident using IT applications (MS Office and other systems)
- Evidence of Right to Work in the UK
As a company, our culture is professional, fun and innovative. There will be opportunities to get involved in business critical projects, which will give you the chance to shine and develop your skills:
- Salary: £17,000 (pro rata)
- Benefits package: myperks (exclusive discounts up to 40% from some of the top UK retailers), pension, lifestyle and healthcare options
- 23 days holiday (pro rata)
- Mentor and buddy to support you
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services. We advise customers on their IT strategy and implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf.
We’d love to hear from you if you’re interested in joining our programme. Please submit your CV by 31 December 2016.
If you are looking for a new opportunity, or know somebody who is, then APPLY NOW!
For more information and to apply please click the apply button below.