Amathus Drinks PLC is a family owned, national drinks distributor and specialist retailer, established in 1978 with a turnover of £60 million and a staff count in excess of two hundred employees.
We are continually developing our innovative and unique products and services.
Amathus supply a full range of well-known brands, and pride ourselves on our sole exclusive agency portfolio, of distinctive and individual products, which our expert team selectively import from all over the world. We provide a complete range at very competitive prices, offering direct delivery nationwide.
- Generating sales reports and placing orders to keep sufficient stock levels
- Liaising with suppliers on all stock-related supply chain and invoicing issues
- Ensuring stock efficiency and reducing any overstocks
- Ensuring efficient and effective commercialisation of the product, ensure stock is kept with a good shelf life
- Claiming for damaged products from suppliers
- Assist in the management of stock within a multi-depot and inter-company process
- Updating pricing
- Generating sales reports where required for suppliers
- Retro claims
- Doing due diligence and setting up new products
- Liaising with the category manager to source new products
- Following up with the sales team with pricing and stock levels
- Assist the Wholesale Purchasing Manager in supplier negotiation and development as relevant, ensuring good supplier relations
The applicants’ necessary attributes are:
- Good analytical skills and a sound knowledge of Microsoft office in particular Excel
- A can-do positive attitude and some flexibility with working hours (no weekends)
- An active interest in the drinks industry
- Administration experience and a high level of organisation and time management
- A strong command of the English language
- Proactive, self-motivated and team player
The applicants’ desired attributes are:
- WSET qualifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision
- An economics, maths, management, logistics or business degree
Amathus can offer an attractive career path for the right applicant which includes bi-annual bonuses, WSET training, CIPS training and the possibility of working towards a category manager role in the future. With time the candidate will be invited to take part in high-level supplier meetings and negotiations.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter by clicking the apply button.
Apply for Purchasing Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly