New opportunity not to be missed! Giles Foods have a unique opportunity for a Junior Planner to join our team based in Milton Keynes. We are offering the successful Junior Planner a competitive salary of GBP18,000 - GBP24,000 per annum plus excellent benefits.
Our Company philosophy is a simple one. Treat others as you would expect to be treated yourself. All employees are expected to give 100% at all times, we do however want you to enjoy your time at work, and therefore we offer full support and training to all employees. We will encourage you to progress and grow as far as you are able to within the business
Giles Foods Limited was taken over by the Warburton Holdings in June 2014. This takeover has enable considerable additional investment to be made in both our sites, offering Giles Foods Limited stability and the opportunity of further growth in the business, ensuring we remain competitive and deliver quality products on time, every time!
The Junior Planner Role:
The formulation of short-term Production Plans through the companies Planning Systems to achieve Customer requirements. To monitor company material and finished product stock levels ensuring accuracy of information by communicating with internal production personnel. The role will also involve the scheduling of company vehicles, and organising frozen delivery patterns. This role offers the opportunity for a training and development plan to become a Production Planner.
Accountabilities as our Junior Planner include:
- Maintain Production Planning Boards and other Company Systems daily.
- Produce and communicate schedules for next 24 hours production for all required Business Units, assisting where possible with Labour Planning, and Kitting List to Stores in order to pick required materials in timely manner
- Collate and prepare key information on previous days performance for Manufacturing Accountant
- Actively seek to assist Operations in striving for 100% Service
- Work with Operational and Stores teams to reduce waste within all areas of the business reporting key variances to standard usages
- Assist in formulation of medium term plans against forecasted orders, including the forecasting of chilled lines
- Monitoring stock levels in line with site constraints
- Ensure stock accuracy through company systems throughout business, from materials / packaging through to Finished Goods both on site to those transferred into Outside Storage
- Attend daily production meetings challenging improvement through operation daily performance. Track and provide regular feedback on Supply Chain KPI's
- Support stores team in managing on site distribution, including planning of vehicles, and load information targeting as low as possible "extra cost"
- Supporting the Planning Team Leader in ensuring 7 day cover for the department
Qualifications/Experience/Technical Skills needed to become our Junior Planner:
- Advanced IT skills
- Strong organisational skills;
- High degree of accuracy, with strong attention to detail.
- Dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal, written & numerical skills.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Junior Planner click 'Apply' now and don't miss out!