SQL Application Support Analyst - Junior
The role will split into two areas. Firstly working daily on batch jobs, monitoring systems and correcting failures, inputting data into databases and aligning data where require. Secondly working on ticket based escalation from the IT service desk, troubleshooting issues, fixing problems where applicable or escalating to development teams.
You need to possess excellent communication skills and a good overall understanding of server and software environments, with a good working knowledge of Windows and MS office allowing you to translate requirements into efficient working solutions.
This role would be well suited to an established Applications Support Analyst, an IT Graduate who is looking for their first career opportunity, or someone with a good understanding of business processes and data with an ambition to move into an IT Support role. Other people within this role have moved on into development roles within the team, so this is also a strong career development opportunity.
You should be motivated, capable of working in a structured manner, and be able to communicate well with staff at all levels in the organisation.
- Investigate, analyse and resolve issues escalated from IT Service Desk
- Escalate and raise issues with 3rd parties
- Troubleshoot and resolve daily System Issues
- Working with Developers to establish solutions to ongoing issues
- Adhere to SLA's - Escalating requests to IT Managers
- Provide advice and support to all departments on System support issues
- SQL scripting
- understanding of database technologies
If you think you would be a good match for this position or would like more information on the role please apply online or call Callum Hunter on .
Application Support / Support Analyst / 2nd Line Support / Windows / MS Windows / SQL Server / SQL Scripting / Database's / Graduate / IT Support / Selkirk