Human Resources Programme
7 days left
- HR & Recruitment
An essential component to the heart of the AWE organisation is our Human Resource department and we are looking for a graduate to help us reach our business goals by becoming part of the Human Resources Operational and Center of Expertise Teams. You will contribute to the delivery of the People Plan by implementing and maintaining effective HR solutions and day to day operational management and activities for appropriate groups across AWE
Who are you? Not only will you hold/be working toward a business related degree but you’ll hold lots of personality and drive, be proactive, innovative and hungry to work in a challenging environment with a particular interest or specialism in the areas of:
- Organisation Capability
- Employment Law
- Employee Relations
- Performance and Reward
- Employee Engagement
Who are we? The Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) has been central to the UK’s defence for more than 60 years, providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent and supporting national nuclear security.
We are the nation’s largest high-tech research, development and production facility and cover the whole lifecycle of nuclear warheads - from initial concept, assessment and design, through component manufacture and assembly, to in-service support and finally decommissioning and disposal.
What can we offer? The AWE Fusion Graduate Programme offers structured learning ensuring you will experience everything you need to make the most of your personal and career development.
To enhance your capability to add value to AWE's demanding technical programme we offer our graduates the following opportunities whilst on a two year programme:
- On the job learning from some of the most senior experts in their area of specialism
- Off the job learning including a series of planned and scheduled opportunities to help develop your knowledge of AWE and your own skills and knowledge
- Involvement in a graduate project
- Placement opportunities across the business, where applicable
- Support to achieve professional registration, for example working towards chartered status
- Annual leave – 208 hours annual leave from day one (full-time equivalent).
- Pension scheme – We offer pension scheme options to suit your individual needs. A salary sacrifice scheme exists for pension contributions you make ensuring you maximise your take home pay.
- Personal and professional development – Developing our people is very important to us. It’s why you’ll be considered for a range of training and development opportunities as well as payment for relevant professional memberships.
- Flexible working arrangements – We believe that balancing your work and home life creates a more productive and beneficial environment. Depending on your role, a range of flexible working options may be considered.
- Discounts and concessions – You can benefit from employee discounts on a wide range of products and services as well as concession schemes with a number of companies.
- Supporting the environment – You can go green by joining our car share scheme.