Materials and Analytical Science Programme
Materials science supports the life cycle of warhead components and technologies to ensure reliability of the UK's strategic deterrent. A nuclear warhead contains a vast range of materials including metals, ceramics, inorganic salts, rubbers, foams, adhesives, high explosives and radioactive substances. Many of these materials have unique handling issues and our dedicated facilities ensure a safe and secure environment to undertake research. Materials science is critical to understanding and predicting behaviour of these types of materials under various conditions.
We are looking to recruit graduates in to Materials Science with a degree in physics, chemistry, maths or similar and a particular interest, or specialism, in the areas of:
- Materials Science
- Materials Assessment
- Tritium Technology
The AWE Fusion Graduate Programme offers structured learning ensuring you will experience everything you need to make the most of your personal and career development.
To enhance your capability to add value to AWE's demanding technical programme we offer our graduates the following opportunities whilst on a two year programme:
- On the job learning from some of the most senior experts in their area of specialism
- Off the job learning including a series of planned and scheduled opportunities to help develop your knowledge of AWE and your own skills and knowledge
- Involvement in a graduate project
- Placement opportunities across the business, where applicable
- Support to achieve professional registration, for example working towards chartered status
In return, we look for graduates with personality and drive, who are proactive, innovative and hungry to work in a challenging environment.