7 days left
- Science & Research
AWE carries out world-class science in some of the most challenging fields, including explosive detonation, hydrodynamics, high-strain-rate deformation behaviour, radiation physics and computer modelling. At AWE we have all the facilities needed to carry out this science – extremely fast supercomputers, areas for explosive trials and experimental facilities for high-energy-density physics. We employ researchers in not just nuclear physics, but all branches of the subject: from atomic and condensed-matter physics to astrophysics and quantum physics.
We are looking to recruit graduates in to Physics with a degree in physics, chemistry, maths or similar and a particular interest, or specialism, in the areas of:
- Pulsed Power Physics
- Hydrodynamic Physics
- Materials and Computational Physics
- High Performance Computing
- Nuclear Physics
- Laser Physics
- Radiation Science
The AWE Fusion Graduate Programme offers structured learning ensuring you will experience everything you need to make the most of your personal and career development.
To enhance your capability to add value to AWE's demanding technical programme we offer our graduates the following opportunities whilst on a two year programme:
- On the job learning from some of the most senior experts in their area of specialism
- Off the job learning including a series of planned and scheduled opportunities to help develop your knowledge of AWE and your own skills and knowledge
- Involvement in a graduate project
- Placement opportunities across the business, where applicable
- Support to achieve professional registration, for example working towards chartered status
- Annual leave – 208 hours annual leave from day one (full-time equivalent).
- Pension scheme – We offer pension scheme options to suit your individual needs. A salary sacrifice scheme exists for pension contributions you make ensuring you maximise your take home pay.
- Personal and professional development – Developing our people is very important to us. It’s why you’ll be considered for a range of training and development opportunities as well as payment for relevant professional memberships.
- Flexible working arrangements – We believe that balancing your work and home life creates a more productive and beneficial environment. Depending on your role, a range of flexible working options may be considered.
- Discounts and concessions – You can benefit from employee discounts on a wide range of products and services as well as concession schemes with a number of companies.
- Supporting the environment – You can go green by joining our car share scheme.
In return, we look for graduates with personality and drive, who are proactive, innovative and hungry to work in a challenging environment.