As part of our Finance graduate scheme, you will begin by gaining practical experience within in a busy working environment, getting to grips with what suits you and how you want to develop; whether that be streaming down the commercial or corporate finance route within the Bet and Gaming Tribes. After 6 months, you will have the opportunity to either begin studying your ACCA or CIMA which Sky Betting & Gaming will fully fund as well as rotations in Internal Audit and Tax.
You will be gaining valuable insight; as well as being able to input your own ideas to our dedicated teams in order to make Sky Betting and Gaming even better, helping us be the leading Digital Business we are today. If anyone wants to be successful, there is a load of opportunity. So are you ready to take on our culture, values and most importantly workload in order to kick-start your working career in Leeds?
You will start your first 6 monthly rotation in the management accounts team where you will get to the grips with the fundamentals of accounting and double entry book keeping. You will get exposure to month end reporting and accounting rules. After a short period of time you will own some key reconciliations and contribute towards the month end management accounts, HMRC tax submissions and participate in the year-end audit.
On joining one of our commercial finance teams you will be paired with an experienced Finance Analyst who will give you exposure to cost analysis, reporting, budgeting and forecasting. You will gain experience of being engaged in the business and providing departmental heads with the financial analysis and support to enable them to make key business decisions.
Working within the Internal Audit function will give you the opportunity to develop an understanding of risk management and be involved in end-to-end reviews of critical business processes with the objective of identifying and communicating improvement opportunities to key stakeholders within the business. You will work alongside one of the internal audit team and have the opportunity to be involved in both financial and IT engagements.
After your 18 month rotations you will move into in one of the relevant finance areas where you will gain further necessary experience to complete your accountancy qualification.
To be successful in this role you will need,
We're looking for a high-calibre graduates with expert numeracy & literacy skills, any degree discipline is accepted 2.2 or above. Our graduate programme is structured over 3 years so being committed to a career in any of the above areas is essential.
We are looking for the following traits:
- Genuine interest in Accounting/Finance
- Analytical but commercially minded.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Have tenacity, be creative and innovative with your ideas.
- Excellent communication skills and have the ability to engage and build rapport with stakeholders across the business.
- Collaborative, self-starter and have the ability and motivation to work as a wider team; but also manage projects independently.
- Resilient nature and able to remain calm under pressure.
- Attitude to succeed, proactive, well-rounded, possess tenacity, be commercially aware, be curious and see how the business fits together, engaging, resilient.
- Passionate and interested our brands and products.
- Have the ability to handle ambiguity.
- No specific degree required but you must hold a degree.
- Internships and working experience that demonstrate interest past degree learning is desirable.
- Numerate and comfortable with data handling.