Information Technology Graduate Scheme
What are we offering?
We are offering a range of outstanding graduate opportunities for 2016, the majority will be based from our head office in Sutton on the outskirts of London (c.20 minutes from central London and easily accessible from the Home Counties) and a small number of roles from our Holborn office in Central London. We are offering roles in the following disciplines:
- Web Development: Using the latest web technologies (C#.Net, Java, AngularJS, NodeJS), database technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB) and methodologies (Scrum , Kanban, TDD, DevOps) to name just a few, our Web Developers work closely with their customers to create innovative and market leading products for clients across the world.
- Business Analysis: Also a fundamental part of any development group, our Business Analysts play a vital role in working hand-in-hand with their internal customers to scope and analyse requirements, create functional documentation and user-stories, and to ensure that the products we’re creating fit exactly with what is required.
- Testing/QA: Our testers play a vital role in ensuring that our code quality and product development in general is delivered without fault and to the highest standard possible. Testers form an integral part of any development team and increasingly leverage new automation technology.
- Operations: For our products to be successful they need to run on servers and platforms that are fast, reliable and secure. The Operations department ensure that our systems run smoothly in our Cloud and internal environments and use state-of-the-art monitoring systems to give feedback on the health of our products. Our operation teams also work with our DevOps functions to ensure our route of development to Live is quick and easy and use automation technology such as Puppet and Powershell.
- Corporate Systems: RBI’s Corporate Solutions Group manage our ‘Enterprise Systems’ estate, these are the business critical systems such as Oracle, Salesforce CRM, and Peoplesoft ERP that help all of our businesses across the world operate smoothly and efficiently.
All the above roles will place you into the heart of dynamic, best-of-breed technology teams working with the latest technologies on an international scale. In every case you will receive a tailored blend of technical, commercial, and soft-skills training/coaching and for graduates a carefully mapped career development path.
What makes us better than the rest?
There are all sorts of graduate roles out there but we are confident that few (if any) can match the combination of benefits that we offer; here are a few examples:
- Training: In addition to formal technical training we offer extensive soft-skills training and an on-going mentoring programme. We also offer bespoke tech and soft-skills sessions to allow you to really fulfil your potential.
- Global Reach: Whichever discipline you choose to follow you will be working on an international scale. We want our graduates to understand not just their own function, but also how a global business operates and interacts.
- Work-life balance: It’s a well-known fact that commercial life can be stressful but we want you to enjoy yourself and to be happy and relaxed in your work. This doesn’t mean that you won’t be ‘stretched’ and encouraged, it simply means that we know that balance is important.
- Culture/Social: It’s not all about work, we also encourage a strong social side to working here right through from graduate drinks and dinner get-togethers to our annual end-of-year extravaganza! We also run a variety of charity groups and encourage everybody to get involved – we even give you two extra ‘charity days’ each year on top of 29 days holiday!
- Structured career planning: Feedback tells us that a lot of graduate schemes start off promisingly but then peter-out with grads left with little idea of what’s ahead or the training to allow them to progress. We have a dedicated two-year fast-track programme designed to facilitate fast learning and development with regular training and coaching sessions and frequent pay-reviews.
There are also a raft of secondary benefits available and AIP (bonus), car allowance, and medical benefits available at more senior levels within the business.
And what about your career after the scheme finishes?
Career development is a big thing for us and we take out PDP (personal development plan) process very seriously; we want you to learn and progress quickly in the direction you want to go and we will provide you with the training and support to achieve that at the right pace. The great thing about us career-wise is that we’re a company made up of leading online businesses so you can develop in three dimensions, vertically through the business, across different brands, and across different functions (if you fancy a change). We’re also an increasingly global business and are often able to offer overseas opportunities either as secondments or on a permanent basis.
RBI is a global business and we provide vital information, analytics and data solutions to our customers across globe. We have offices in London, Amsterdam, New York, Chicago, Paris, Shanghai, Dubai and Singapore – to name just a few.
We’re a technology business with a keen focus on innovation and product development, and we work closely with our customers to grow their businesses, so we’re looking for people who want to grow too. We never stand still.
We’re also part of RELX Group, a FTSE-100 company and a world-leading provider of information and analytics to a huge range of industries. And with over 28,000 employees in over 30 countries, and revenues approaching $10 billion, there’s a lot of opportunity for you to succeed.
Qualifications and experience requirements:
- First and foremost you should be a 2015-2017 graduate.
- You should have achieved or be expecting a 2:1 or better in computer science, software engineering, business and computing, mathematics, physics or similar.
- You should have a natural passion for technology and a desire to learn and progress quickly.
- You must be a strong communicator with well-formed interpersonal skills.
Salary: £26,000 plus package: extensive training, 29 days holiday, two paid charity days, share options scheme, pension, life assurance
Location: London and Surrey
Please send your CV to Charles Hide via the apply button.
Start Date: September 2017
Apply for Information Technology Graduate Scheme
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly