Account Executive - Healthcare Communications - Top 3 Global Communications Agency
Our Healthcare practice is the largest of 13 teams in Europe and a core part of the wider FH healthcare offering globally. We have a varied and impressive client base made up of blockbuster drugs and top-10 global pharma brands in various disciplines. Key therapy areas include but are not limited to oncology, respiratory, cardiovascular and nephrology.
We provide clients with a completely integrated communications offering, primarily across brand and product communications, reputation and issues management, internal communications and change management, patient advocacy and public affairs (both domestic and international).
As a team, we are passionate about informing and driving authentic, sustainable conversations, rooted in true insights. These deliver magnetic ideas that make a difference and deliver positive changes in opinions and behaviour, addressing critical needs for our clients.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Account Executive to join the team and support a variety of leading global pharma brands. Working on several potentially blockbuster drugs this role will support the team across a range of therapy areas. This person will be involved in a variety of campaigns, from brand-building and reputation / crisis & issues management, integrated digital services, product launches and events to internal communications and change management .
Key elements of the role include:
- Support the development of client communication plans, presentations, reports etc.
- Supporting the team on media relations, pitching stories and finding creative angles, writing press releases and byline articles while developing and strengthening relationships with key media contacts
- Supporting the team in the development of materials for client meetings
- Participating and contributing own ideas to planning meetings and brainstorms
- Reporting and providing analysis on the results of online/offline activities
- Contribution to the management of client budgets; tracking, billing and communications
- Supporting and contributing to the identification of organic growth and new business opportunities
- Biotech, pharmaceutical or healthcare communications experience within an in-house team or communications agency advantageous but not essential
- A thirst for knowledge, interest and desire to work in the ever-changing world of healthcare
- A basic understanding of digital platforms
- Understanding of healthcare and generalist media
- Skilled at applied strategic thinking; anticipating issues, trends, and connections, and translating those insights into actionable ideas for the client.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Effective problem solving abilities: ability to keep things moving and on track
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Eligibility to work in the UK essential
One of the largest international communications consultancies globally we have more than 2,500 employees in over 80+ offices. FH was founded over 65 years ago and has since established a strong reputation for delivering meaningful, positive and measurable impact for clients.
Our London office is the second largest office in the global network, defined by a series of practice groups – Corporate Communications, Public Affairs, Corporate Reporting, Brand Marketing, Digital & Social, Insights & Planning, and Brand, Content & Design - combined with expertise in industry sectors such as energy, technology, healthcare, travel and tourism, food & drink, sports, FMCG, financial & professional services.
We have a strong and talented team, a solid client base of Fortune 500 and FTSE listed companies. And, while we’re part of a successful global group, we have developed a ‘start-up’ mentality of bravery and entrepreneurialism, rooted in business-changing ideas.
Awards - we have been awarded International Consultancy of the Year, Global Agency of the Year and Large Agency of the Year in 2014 by PR Week, as well as European Consultancy of the Year for the second year running by the Holmes Report. We have also been named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity.