Data & Information Manager
Northern plays a vital role in connecting tens of thousands of people to work, leisure, education and so much more every day. Arriva became the new owner of Northern on 1 April 2016, marking the start of a nine-year franchise that will transform travel through a £1billion investment in the largest rail network outside London. This is an exciting prospect for everyone – our customers, colleagues, stakeholders and suppliers.
We are currently recruiting for a Data & Information Manager to join the team at our head office in York. In this role you will be responsible for carrying out data analysis and modelling tasks to support the appraisal of change proposals and business cases for investment in terms of service planning, rolling stock capacity, infrastructure investment and new stations. With your help, we can secure the necessary investment that supports the delivery of Northern’s franchise agreement commitments and strategic aims.
Other main responsibilities will include:
- Using a range of data systems to source relevant data and carry out analytical and modelling activities to support the production of business cases and change proposals
- Liaising with colleagues across the business to source any relevant data not directly available to the team
- Developing, analysing and preparing data which is shared both internally and externally, ensuring information is accurate, conclusive and relevant
- Preparing summary reports and methodology statements to support analytical findings
- Reviewing and researching external information reports to identify and distil any relevant information to support the innovation and development agenda
- Providing information and analysis to support the contractual negotiations process and help secure the best possible outcome for Northern and the other parties/stakeholders involved
- Ensuring customer implications are understood and accounted for in business cases
- Keeping the Senior Business Analyst informed of progress and any potential risks identified in the information management
- Maintaining an auditable record and database of data/information sourced, prepared and shared internally and externally.
We’re looking for someone with a degree in mathematics/economics or a relevant subject area that demonstrates analytical and numerical abilities. You should also have experience of complex datasets and information, with a good knowledge of Excel and its use for carrying out modelling tasks.
You’ll also need:
- The ability to understand VBA coding and write macros
- The ability to clearly and concisely present complex information, verbally and in writing
- Excellent inter-personal and communications skills
- The ability to deliver in a high-pressure environment.
Benefits and Rewards:
By working as part of the Northern team, you will receive:
- Free Travel on Northern services – for you and your family*
- 75% discount on all other Train Operating Companies’ leisure services*
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- A generous holiday entitlement
- Maternity and Paternity Benefits – above the statutory minimum
- A Childcare Voucher scheme*
- Full uniform for frontline facing roles
- High Street store discounts
- 20% off many tourist attractions in the UK
- Gym membership discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme – operating 24/7, giving a wide range of advice, support and useful information for employees.
And much more!
*Terms and conditions apply