Graduate Cloud Specialist
Interoute Virtual Data Centre (VDC) is a powerful IaaS/Cloud Computing platform sold via Interoute’s CloudStore. Cloud Computing/IaaS is the fastest growing area of the IT sector and is breaking the rules. Interoute will be the biggest non-US player and with continuing expansion in the US, we also take on the biggest players such as Amazon AWS on their home turf.
Interoute employ 2500 people across the World and the VDC team is a distinct, but not siloed, unit within Interoute. The culture and team ethic is very much ‘start-up’, move fast, change what needs changing fast, encourage ideas and use the good ones to move and improve.
We are growing fast and we need good people to keep driving us forward.
We fundamentally believe that to improve on our capabilities, we need to understand what our customers are doing and the problems that they face, so your introduction to Interoute will be via our on-boarding team who are responsible for providing top notch advice and guidance for our customers. It’s a support role like no other, focusing on technically skilled engineers using their expertise to help our equally tech savvy customers to optimize their usage of the available services.
From there, your choice of career path will be up to you. We will provide a rotation through a variety of different teams filled with subject matter experts. We understand that until you’ve tried something you don’t know whether it’s for you, so we let you try everything from the hardcore technical all the way through to more consultative roles where people skills are as important as technical capability:
- Pure Technical
- Agile software development & testing
- Automation & Devops
- Infrastructure (Storage, compute, networking)
- Product development
- Technical with some consultancy
- Infrastructure and product support
- Application and Database support
- Digital transformation consultancy
- Consultancy with technical
- Pre-sales consultancy
- Solution architecture
- Product management
You will gain relevant skills and experience with the cutting edge of technology including (but not limited to):
- Global WAN Networking
- X86 infrastructure
- Storage arrays ranging from high performance All-Flash through traditional magnetic media to globally available object storage
- Hypervisors, containers, orchestration
- MS Windows and Linux based operating systems
- Applications, traditional SQL databases, unstructured data
But probably the best bit is that we will teach you how to use them all to provide a relevant service to any sector.
What we’re looking for:
We are interested in Graduates from a STEM (Science, Technology, Computer, Networking, Engineering, Mathematics) background ideally with or are on track for a 2.1 degree or above.
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
- You are a responsible individual with a desire to take ownership of a problem and see it through to resolution.
- You are open-minded and have the ability to take a step back and look at a problem rationally, enabling you to find alternate routes to success.
Excellent Starting Salary with Private Health, Pensions, 25 days holiday and Interest Free Travel Season Ticket Loan.