BRÜEL & KJÆR
The Engineering Department of Bruel & Kjaer VTS Ltd in Royston, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom are recruiting for a Lean Engineer, either a new graduate or someone looking for their second job. We manufacture and assemble electromagnetic industrial LDS shakers and shaker peripherals and sell to a variety of industries across the globe.
In this role, you will be involved in Lean improvement of processes across the commercial, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and field service departments of Bruel & Kjaer.
The Engineering team consists of research, development and manufacturing engineers responsible for new product development and introduction into the manufacturing process.
We operate in the aerospace, space, automotive and consumer electronics industries.
The position is located in Royston, Hertfordshire in the UK and applicants should be prepared to relocate to within a reasonable commuting distance from Royston. Commitment to undertake some travel locally and internationally is required.
As lean engineer you will work together with our manufacturing department to define and implement improvements in our production and in our supply chain. As a part of that you will lead your own improvement projects and ensure that we have sufficient data available for the decision we make. You will also work with other functions such as R&D, Service and Finance as many of our processes involves several functions.
Your daily work includes:
- Participation in a 5S program in our factory
- Optimization of our planning and purchasing process
- Leading improvements projects throughout the organization
- Planning and execution of Kaizen events
- Manufacturing Engineering Degree or similar, with a focus on Lean and Manufacturing (formal lean six sigma certification is not a requirement, we can offer a certification as part of the job)
- Newly graduated or with up to 2 years’ experience
- Experience with ERP systems, Lean and Supply Chain either from education or from working experience
- Strong communication skills with people at all levels and in all functions (shop floor, R&D, management)
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking English
- Must be willing to work with Bruel & Kjaer’s two main business sytems (Oracle, MS Dynamics/CRM) as a user.
- Must be able to extract data, establish measurement systems and follow-up on KPI’s.
- Able to plan and execute Kaizen events and follow-up by implementing LEAN boards in relevant areas.
- Open minded and good with people
- Organised and focused
- Able to influence and motivate people
These personal skills are necessary to be successful in this role which requires you to effect changes in the business and to help people to overcome resistance to change and accept new ways of doing the work.
BRÜEL & KJÆR OFFERS
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate sound and vibration experts from around the world in a pioneering company at the forefront of the sound and vibration industry. Freedom with responsibility is the framework for Brüel & Kjær's employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment.
ABOUT BRÜEL & KJÆR
Brüel & Kjær helps solve sound and vibration challenges, and develops advanced technology for measuring and managing sound and vibration. As a specialist in this domain, the company helps customers ensure component quality, enhance product performance and monitor operational compliance.
Over more than 75 years, many of Brüel & Kjær’s research and development people have become recognized global experts, who aid the scientific community and teach at renowned centres. The application of experience and technology promotes quality and efficiency at every stage of a product’s life cycle: design, development, manufacture, deployment and operation.
Through mastering sound and vibration, Brüel & Kjær helps to accelerate business growth and improves environmental quality.