Graduate Editor (Maths & Science)
CGP seeks top maths & science graduates
CGP has quickly grown to become the UK’s No.1 educational publisher. With over 1,000 titles and sales of over 10 million books each year, we have lots of new product ideas which will continue to expand our range. To meet our exciting publishing plan we need talented, bright graduates (particularly in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Geography) to become an essential part of our publishing team. Whether you’re a new graduate (or nearly there) or have some work experience already, we’d love to hear from you.
- At least a 2:1 degree
- A minimum of AAB at A-Level (with an A in GCSE Maths and English)
- The analytical skills to pick out the most important bits of a subject
- The flair to make the subject fun and engaging for students
- An eye for detail and a sense of pride in your work
- An open and engaging personality, and a flexible and positive attitude
In this role you’ll:
- Edit or rewrite text to make explanations super-clear and easy to understand
- Find and edit graphics to illustrate the most important bits on a page
- Typeset text and graphics to produce the best possible finished pages
- Proofread pages with immaculate attention to detail
- Constantly strive to improve your software skills and become ever slicker at your job
- Do anything else that’s needed to get each book project done
- Develop (over time) a brilliant understanding of the best way to create a book that works well for the reader
And most importantly you’ll do all of this in our CGP style!
- CGP is a unique publishing company
- We create all CGP products in-house
- We obsess over finding and challenging the very best people
- We have an open approach to career progression
- We have a great working environment in the beautiful Lake District
If you’ve got what it takes to be an Editor but also have an interest in the commercial success of an organisation, we’d like to hear about that too!
HOW TO APPLY DETAILS:
To apply, email your CV, together with a covering letter and (where applicable) your current salary details. Please remember to include your A-Level / GCSE exam subjects and grades.
Apply for Graduate Editor (Maths & Science)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly